Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PC Keeps Crashing w/ iPhone PLZ HELP ME

Angry PC Keeps Crashing w/ iPhone PLZ HELP ME
    Ok so everytime I connect my iPhone 2G to my PC running XP a blue screen flashes for half a second and then my PC crashes and then reboots, the only way around this is if I completely erase all data and settings from my iPhone and then reconnect it and then this problem doesn't occur, this is beyond frustrating! So two weeks ago when I got my new iPhone 3G s I was so excited because I thought for sure I wouldn't have this same problem, I connected it to my PC (iTunes) and activated it and synced my contacts, some albums, and photos and then disconnected it from iTunes and my PC and then when I reconnected it the same problem occured (a blue screen flashes for half a second and then my PC crashes)

Can anyone out there help me with this? I've done the obvious stuff like uninstall iTunes and reinstall the latest version. Both of my iPhones are unmolested stock with original sim so this isn't a hack related problem. My PC otherwise is 100% problem free I am able to do everything as normal and I never have any problems with it but this one and it is VERY frustrating to put it mildly, imagine having to email yourself every single photo on your phone, and write a list of all installed app's, and email yourself every single note, and go through all of your contacts one by one and manually update your contact list in outlook before being forced to erase all data and settings on your iPhone before connecting to your PC!

Please if anyone can help please respond here or to my email address [email protected] I appreciate any and all help I can get.

What happens if you connect your iPhone while the computer is off, then turn the computer on? Will iTunes recognise it ok then?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Robcoffee For This Useful Post:

jjbertramiv (2009-07-19)

Thanks for the reply Rob I tried that and then when windows loads far enough to realize that my iPhone is connected to it via USB I hear a faint chime sound and wallah the infamous blue screen of death (crash),... why in the world do you suppose my pc cares when my iPhone(s) are connected only when there is info on them? This is beyond a headache!

Here is a screen capture of the blue screen ...

Do you have SP3 on your PC?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

jjbertramiv (2009-07-20)

Vista on my laptop does the same thing (BSOD) when I reboot a attached iphone or unplug it - started when I installed iTunes 8.2 official and the latest update hasn't helped either. It's an issue with the USB drivers because when I boot the same laptop into Windows 7 RC running latest iTunes it does not happen - so it is not hardware related either iphone or computer - I googled the issue and came up with this:-

FIX! iTunes 8.0 crashing Windows Vista systems – BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) | iPhone Help !

It worked for a few synchs but then the issue came back.

Sadly I think the only serious solution is to do a clean OS install, or buy a Apple computer. Maybe this is a cunning plan by Apple to convert iPhone users to the Mac side of life, BSOD your Windows pc's so you get pissed and replace your hardware with a macbook or imac. And to back this idea up, OSX on my netbook loves all my iphones and never has issue with them being connected or disconnected (except W7 on the same netbook works just as well with them)
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Robcoffee For This Useful Post:

jjbertramiv (2009-07-20)

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Do you have SP3 on your PC?
    Yes I am running Service Pack 3

Quote Originally Posted by Robcoffee View Post
    Vista on my laptop does the same thing (BSOD) when I reboot a attached iphone or unplug it - started when I installed iTunes 8.2 official and the latest update hasn't helped either. It's an issue with the USB drivers because when I boot the same laptop into Windows 7 RC running latest iTunes it does not happen - so it is not hardware related either iphone or computer - I googled the issue and came up with this:-

FIX! iTunes 8.0 crashing Windows Vista systems – BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) | iPhone Help !

It worked for a few synchs but then the issue came back.

Sadly I think the only serious solution is to do a clean OS install, or buy a Apple computer. Maybe this is a cunning plan by Apple to convert iPhone users to the Mac side of life, BSOD your Windows pc's so you get pissed and replace your hardware with a macbook or imac. And to back this idea up, OSX on my netbook loves all my iphones and never has issue with them being connected or disconnected (except W7 on the same netbook works just as well with them)
    Thanks Rob I'll have to try that and have been meaning to do a clean install anyways since I've had my windows installed since day one (four years so far at least) but wanted to do so at my own pace and not to appease my iPhone(s),.... well to the admins please leave this open so others can comment here if they have any incite as well and encase I can't figure this one out... I appreciate y'all taking your time to help me out!
    Last edited by jjbertramiv; 2009-07-20 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost