Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cannot restore my 3GS...Error code 14

Default Cannot restore my 3GS...Error code 14
    I'm trying to restore my 3GS but while restoring it stops and display Error Code 14 occured...phone's just stuck at restore screen and cannot restore at all...did this happen to anybody...?

Yes. I had to update my iTunes to get it to work. And, telling iTunes to look for an update didn't work because it said it was up to date. So, I had to download the latest from Apple and then installed it over the top.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Have you tried to put the phone in DFU mode first? If your iTunes is up to date at 8.2.1 and you've tried a DFU restore and you still get an error it's time to make an appt at the Apple store.

I tried it with DFU mode and everything but I got it off the restore mode...I updated my itunes to 8.2.1 and this was the issue don't ask me why so I took it over to my friends house and his iTunes is still on 8.2.0 and successfully restored. I'm not going to put the W7 Fantasy theme I think this theme is not compatable with unlocked iphones.

I have a 3G iPhone n this same error (14) happend to me. all i did was delete the archives in, using windows XP,
    "CDocuments and Settings\"user name"\Aplication data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Updater Logs"
    [idk if the correct name in Aplication data, as my windows is in portuguese i just made a loyal translation from "Dados de aplicativos"]
    n i also repaired my itunes using my current itunes version installation (8.2.1.6 in my case).

a delete those archives bcoz itunes was warning my iphone was in restore mode, or something like that, so i was unable to restore, pff... but now its fine again.

Default Solved Error 14, 21 restoring iPhone 4.3.2, 4.3.3
    Hi friends Now Problem is Solved with No error: Read This

I found Another Another fix for iTunes error 14
    Last edited by umeshgaire; 2011-05-15 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by umeshgaire View Post
    Hi friends Now Problem is Solved with No error: Read This

I found Another Another fix for iTunes error 14
    this thread is almost 2 years old buddy. lol.