Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Speaker problem HELP :)

iPhone? More like MyPhone mahgninnuc93's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Speaker problem HELP :)
    Here is the situation...I got a 3G off craigslist in what appeared to be great condition. When I place a call and I don't use my bluetooth I cant hear anything out of the speaker on the phone. Tee one you put your ear on when making a phone call. Not the one on the bottom the phone. Could this be something cause by a bad jail break and unlock? Or has there been a history of problems with the 3G earpiece?

Also, isn't streetview supposed to be on this version of the iPhone? Maybe I"m just a dumb *** and have not looked in the right place. Mahalo

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I dont think it would be a bad jailbreak problem, unless the previous owner messed with the some files in a bad way... if you know how to jailbreak/unlock yourself i'd recommend dfu mode restore, test it, jailbreak/unlock it, test again, if it still doesn't work try to get a refund. Sounds like a hardware problem to me tho.

To get street view search for what you wanna see, then when the text shows up on the map look for the orange circle with the dudes silhouette in it and click it, thats street view.

hope this helped

iPhone? More like MyPhone mahgninnuc93's Avatar
    Thanks

THanks on the Streetview....I must really be a dumbass

I did DFU restore and re-jailbreak/ unlock. Still a problem. I found an authorized repair dude out here near me who will put in a new speaker for $40.00 hardware and install included.

So my $250 3G now cost me $290 but I sold my 2G running 3.0 for $250 so it's a $40.00 loss. Or a phenomenal gain because I can use the GPS.. Have a great day> Thanks again!!!