Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [cry for help]Three iPhone problems

Default [cry for help]Three iPhone problems(2 of 3 Fixed)
    Ok so recently I've been having some problems with my iPhone(1st gen)after I updated to 3.0 and jailbroke using Redsn0w.

1. More then 50% of my calls are muted. The call isn't dropped, it connects, I just cant hear anything, both sending and receiving.

2. "Notes" crashes every time I try to save a note. I've tried to change the permissions and still nothing.

3. While in the middle of updating something in Cydia, it crashed and the phone rebooted. After that Cydia will not open. For this I just ask that someone can upload or give me a link to the latest version of Cydia.

I really hope someone can help, I'd like to NOT have to restore my phone. it takes like an hour for iTunes to back it up for some reason and, I just don't feel like going through all the hassle of restore and jailbreak.
    Last edited by CabooseLoL; 2009-07-19 at 06:48 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Your problems are one in the same. You don't want to back up and restore your phone, yet that's exactly what needs to be done with so many permissions issues and problems. People have gotten a bad PWN before, just build new FW and get to it or you'll keep having the same issues.

Well that didn't help... Anyone else? Or at least post Cydia.app...

Thank you?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

go to apt.saurik.com and get the latest cydia .deb and install via terminal or mobile terminal.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CabooseLoL View Post
    Well that didn't help... Anyone else? Or at least post Cydia.app...

Thank you?
    You don't deserve to have that phone. You're LAZY and won't take the steps to correct a bad pwn that are essential when NOTHING on your phone works correctly. . Move on to a Pre, something you can handle.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    You don't deserve to have that phone. You're LAZY and won't take the steps to correct a bad pwn that are essential when NOTHING on your phone works correctly. . Move on to a Pre, something you can handle.
    ROFLMAO

hahaha

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

^^ yup, funny stuff.
    In my humble opinion I think that you should try a couple of things to try and correct your problem.
    First of all restore your phone as NEW in iTunes to a fresh copy of 3.0. Jailbreak it again and do not sync to a back up. When asked during the J/B process only install Cydia (not Icy). See how the phone works, if it still has problems. [URL="When asked during the J/B process only install Cydia (not Icy). http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general/638211-jailbreaking-your-iphone-2g-3g-using-redsn0w-windows.html to a thread about the process. There have been members that have had problems with the J/B using Vista, I suggest you read through this thread a bit to gather more info.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-07-18 at 07:07 PM.

Thanks

1. List your iPhone on Craigslist
    2. Go to the AT&T store and buy the newest flip phone
    3. Enjoy a simpler phone!

First of all "one1" I see you have 43 thanks. Is that from telling people to restore their phone? I guess that would be the "LAZY" way of doing things. If you don't know how to help, don't try.

I did some more searching and found this. http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...ded-3-0-a.html
    So far my calls have been working. have only had about 2 since I found that, but no problems yet. Also restoring apparently doesn't fix that.

At "StealthBravo" I see this is just starting to get into a "flame war" I don't want it to go there... But when it comes to an iPhone I know enough about it and about modding it. So when you say
    1. List your iPhone on Craigslist
    2. Go to the AT&T store and buy the newest flip phone
    3. Enjoy a simpler phone!
    I have to laugh at you....
    Now the flip phone thing... If I could, I would trade my iPhone for a flip phone anyday. But not just any flip phone, the DoCoMo SH-06a. Nuff said.

Now if the only fix for the notes issue is to restore, then so be it. But it sounds like it's just a permissions problem. I just need to figure out what it is, so that's why I asked for help.

--------
    Call fix and Cydia crash fix.

After some research, well ALLOT of research. I found that other people are having the same problems as I was.

After turning off "Push" in the "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" settings, that fixed my no sound on incoming and outgoing calls problem. http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...d-3-0-a-2.html <-- that explains it....

Now for the cydia crashing problem, that wasn't as easy as flipping a switch in settings, but thank you StealthBravo for pointing me in the right direction.(go to apt.saurik.com and get the latest cydia .deb and install via terminal or mobile terminal.)

Just in case anyone wants to know how to install a .deb through SSH... Here's how you do it.

* Open WinSCP see (SSH Tutorial above) and login to your iPod Touch/iPhone
    * Put your .deb application file in the tmp folder
    * In WinSCP hold Ctrl and press T, go forward with the warnings and type this command
    * dpkg -i /tmp/myapp.deb
    * Installation of the file will start
    * Now respring your iPod Touch/iPhone
    Thanks to ipodtouchtricks.net for that one...

Now the "Notes" not saving issue I'm still stuck on.

Oh and before I forget, "one1" it looks like I didn't have to restore. I guess people can actually solve problems without taking your advice. LoL @ "Your problems are one in the same." or "bad PWN".... wow lol.
    Last edited by CabooseLoL; 2009-07-19 at 06:45 PM.