Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3Gs Keeps on charging and charging and charging?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default iPhone 3Gs Keeps on charging and charging and charging?
    I don't know if anyone is experiencing this but this is what i have noticed.

When I charged my new iphone 3Gs it would stay at like 98% or 99% and the bolt icon would show but it stays this way for a long time. So i unplug it from the outlet and plug it in again, now it changes to the "plug" icon on the battery and it shows 100% charged. when i leave it like this for 20 seconds it goes back to the bolt icon and the percentage also goes back to 98% or 99%.

The battery life otherwise seems adequate but I am just worried that it will just keep charging my battery even when it is full. I know if it does this it will ruin my battery.

I tried to drain my battery and recalibrate it but problem still remains.

anyone else have this issue? Would this be hardware or software(3.0) related?

Yes I`m having the same problem...
    My phone seems to be draining battery very fast.. I can see it counting like every 2 minutes or so 1% gets down.
    When its chagring I see the percentage goes up and suddently its down back..so like its at 64%...I come back in about 10 minutes its at 62% while the charge cable is pluged in and it tells me its charging.

What is happening?