Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP!! unlocked iphone 3g WILL NOT WORK

Default HELP!! unlocked iphone 3g WILL NOT WORK
    PLEASE HELP ME ASAP!!!
    okay, so im not to bright. i mean i know the basics to the iphone and i cant figure anything out to make my iphone work.
    About two days ago i "unlocked" my iphone and I have this thing called CYDIA.

So in this CYDIA thing which im sure everyone is experts on, i tried to download this "MJ MOONWALK THEME" which is for your battery and i think you need that thing called winterboard. well i dont have winterboard and as soon as i confirmed the download for the moonwalk battery thing my phone crashed.

It told me i needed to restart my phone so i pressed the button and thats when the apple came up. so i figured it was restarting until the apple went away and the screen was still black. you can tell the backlight was still on but there was nothing on the screen. Ive tried doing the regular restart but got nothing... it just keeps restarting. Ive tried hooking it up to my computer but nothing happens. it just keeps restarting and the black screen will come up again until it decides to restart again.
    Can someone please help me. I dont have money to buy another iphone!!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Welcome to MMi, sorry to hear your having problems but easy to fix.
    You'll have to put your phone in DFU mode and restore as a NEW phone in iTunes and then re-jailbreak it again.
    Once you have done this, open Cydia and search for/and install Winterboard, this is where all themes that you download will be located and you will have a new icon on your springboard saying "Winterboard. You apply all themes there.
    If unsure how to put your phone in DFU mode to do the restore follow these directions.
    DFU mode
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it detects iPhone in restore/recovery mode.

Alternative Method:
    Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connects and disconnects.
    Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.
    Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

It's broke, give it to me!

Naw, cadi has ya covered, just do what she said.

Thanks

^ lmao,

SWEEET!!! so far so goood guys!!! thanks alot black caddy!! i wa actually thinkin of givien this phone to you!! haha NOTTT!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scotty mo View Post
    SWEEET!!! so far so goood guys!!! thanks alot black caddy!! i wa actually thinkin of givien this phone to you!! haha NOTTT!!!
    Shall I PM you my address, and of coarse I'll pay the postage.