Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Ram is mysteriously eaten up....

Question iPhone Ram is mysteriously eaten up....
    Hey guys. I was just wondering if anyone could help me out?

So I always instinctively check the available ram via SBSettings before/after I respring.

After I respring, the available memory usually shoots up to around 35-37MB.

However, I was on Cydia today and my phone completely crashed and did a reboot with the apple logo and everything. It crashed again several minutes later and was continually a little bit buggy.

I then left the iPhone alone for about an hour and then tried to play a game, but my iPhone continually kicked me out of it.
    I checked SBSettings and noticed that my available memory was at 24MB. I then proceeded to respring about 3-4 times, but each time I'm at around 24-25MB.

Anyone have any idea where my extra 10MB went? Or what I could do to fix it?

There is no telling whats eating up your memory, could be a thousand things you may have installed.

Best thing to do is restore and start fresh.

I agree, A fresh restore seems to fix most of those sort of issues. Just make sure if you do restore to set it up as a new phone and not from a backup.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME