Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS Question

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default 3GS Question
    I have just ordered a Iphone 3GS

And i am going to jailbreak/unlock it when it arrives

I have been looking around the net and seen that the dev team have released a updated version of redsn0w to jailbreak the 3GS

I was just wondering will i still have to Capture Your iPhone 3GS iBEC and iBSS

iClarified - iPhone - How to Capture Your iPhone 3GS iBEC and iBSS (Windows)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

All you need to do is goto the latest page in the forums and find the topic regarding the jailbreaking process on the 3gs. There are a few threads released the last few days showing the complete step by step process.

So, with that said, the answer is no, to your question, redsnow for 3GS does it all.

If this helps, please hit the thanks button below!

Windows Redsnow: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...w-windows.html

OSx Redsnow: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...sn0w-os-x.html

Chris
    Note 4 and iPhone 6 Plus: The best of both worlds!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

You don't have to capture them to jailbreak 3.0 but they might be needed for newer firmwares. If Apple closes most of the holes in iBoot, you will need those files to downgrade your iBoot to allow for a jailbreak.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RossMc View Post
    I was just wondering will i still have to Capture Your iPhone 3GS iBEC and iBSS
    This was the major question, and the answer is yes regardless of which jailbreak you choose to use, both of these files are vital for the future.

I got the files by first doing a DFU restore and secondly doing a Recovery Mode restore, as i had heard reports of the files being different (but they are probably wrong), i just wanted to be safe.

There are some lovely guides on iClarified, i used the Mac one with Terminal and worked a treat.

Remember to save these files onto a memory stick and put the memory stick in a bomb proof safe under your bed, aka, don't lose them.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

I have mine stashed away in a time capsule so my great grand children will be able to unlock their iPhones...
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    I have mine stashed away in a time capsule so my great grand children will be able to unlock their iPhones...
    Lol. By the time your grandchildren have iphones.....well.....I wanna see what the iphone will be like then.