Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wifi stops on 3Gs but ok on 3G on same network

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Wifi stops on 3Gs but ok on 3G on same network
    I have a 3G and a 3Gs, both jailbroken and running 3.0. The 3Gs seems to be less responsive to Wifi than the 3G.
    Today when I was downloading movies on the jailbroken 3Gs, the downloads would stop and time out the server. After hours of troubleshooting I decided to give the 3G phone a try. down loaded flawlessly.
    After following the right up by apple I restored and rejailbroke the 3Gs but it download issue persisted. The phone was restored and set up as a new phone, no jailbreak..
    The I went to itunes and downloaded a movie. The screen shots indicates (time of day and time remaining which is found to the right on the second line fo text under the title. To me, there seems to be a connectivity issue.
    After multiple restores, following the Apple recommended troubleshooting, assigning a static ip to the phone, rebooting the linksys router andcable modem I am at a loss what to do next before I bring this heepback to Best Buy.
    The 3G is running without any issues. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -walle-download.jpg  

Noticed a similar problem. Files that would download fine over the 3g network, would not complete over wifi. Saw it repeatedly. Hopefully a firmware will fix it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Went to Best Buy today and exchanged phones. the brand new out of the box phone acts the same exact way as the previous phone..

gonna try a different router.