Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buy the 3GS without a us id?

Default Buy the 3GS without a us id?
    So I am finally in New York and want to actually buy the iPhone but can't because I dont have a US ID....What can I do??

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Ebay or craigslist would probably be a good bet if you cant work something out using your passport. Do they specifically ask you for a US I.D.?
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

I am here only for a few days, so ebay isn't feasible

Yes they actually do...when I asked the "genius" about the iphone first question he asked was whether I have a US ID! Even with the contract free phone they still need a US ID

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Pull a "Hey buddy!" (preferably on someone you know, because I don't like giving large amounts of money to people I don't know!) and ask them to buy the contract free one for you!

Any MMIers in NY want to hook this gentleman up?
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

Quote Originally Posted by Grassmasta View Post
    Any MMIers in NY want to hook this gentleman up?
    This is the attitude I am talking about...anyone?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I agree that may be your best bet. Cmon NY MMi members, hook the bro up!

I would do it but I wont be back to my Apt in the city until next saturday
    Last edited by Melech518; 2009-07-14 at 08:32 AM.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Can't he just pick it up for Full Price without any SSN ID or anything?

I am almost positive you still need to have an At&t contract to purchase the iPhone, even at full price...

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    I am almost positive you still need to have an At&t contract to purchase the iPhone, even at full price...
    You can buy the 16GB 3GS for $599 and the 32GB 3GS for $699 and not have a contract. Quit spreading false information.

Really? You are following me from thread to thread to harass me? Go to the Apple store, tell them you want the new 3GS, see if they sell it to you without an ID or a contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Really? You are following me from thread to thread to harass me? Go to the Apple store, tell them you want the new 3GS, see if they sell it to you without an ID or a contract?
    ID wasn't mentioned in your reply. And yes, I know someone personally that went in and purchased one for the amount I listed without a contract.

So I am finally back from the US with two new iPhones

After not finding any way to get the phones thru the official stores I tried the small shops, while the experience was crap I finally managed to find a decent store that got them for me I can give you guys the address if I am allowed by the rules here...

One little tip, AVOID Time's Square! All the shops there are theives and rude! The only shop there which did have the 3GS asked for $600 for the 16GB and $700 for the 32GB...I wanted both so as I started getting the money out he started adding some "extras"...
    -Unlocking: $100
    -"Programming": $100
    -Activating the "6 apps which need subscription" (maps, compass, apple store and god knows what else) $60
    -Taxes because I am taking the phone outside the US: $100
    -taxes: no idea how much!

All of this while I kept insisting that I don't want any unlocking/ jailbreaking/ "programming" or anything else.

Final price for a 16GB and 32GB iPhones? $1900!!!

Needless to say I didn't get them from him

Crazy. Get someone from Australia to hook you up; we have the cheapest contract-free/unlocked iPhones around! iPhone - Apple Store (Australia)

Quote Originally Posted by hameed_farah View Post
    I am here only for a few days, so ebay isn't feasible

Yes they actually do...when I asked the "genius" about the iphone first question he asked was whether I have a US ID! Even with the contract free phone they still need a US ID
    dam thats sux go to Cragislist you can meet with some one and pay him to buy it for you with us id :>

Quote Originally Posted by hameed_farah View Post
    So I am finally back from the US with two new iPhones
    How much did you pay? What country are you from? How are you unlocking them?

Enjoy
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.