Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Desperate enough to pay for fix

Default Desperate enough to pay for fix
    My iphone battery meter is staying at 100% all the time until it dies... there are no warning messages stating that it has 10% or whatever its suppose to say. This started awhile ago possibly when I was installing themes. This bug as followed me all the way up to 3.0 and I have tried every simple solution. The fix most likely must involve replacing corrupted files that are not replaced on the restore.

I will be willing to pay 20$ via paypal to whomever has the first working solution.

Jailbroken 3.0 3g 16gb white Iphone... Just restored it tonight and reinistalled ultrasnow. Battery was not draining immediately after the restore. No files were backed up or restored back to the phone.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Restore to 3.0 in iTunes. When it's done set the phone up as a NEW profile instead of back-up. This will ensure no corrupted files are re-written to the phone.

I have already done that as i posted in my description. Still has a corrupted battery meter

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

A restore re-writes ALL system files. IF it still doesn't work it's hardware failure so nothing short of replacing the battery or other faulty parts is going to fix your issue.

i just cant understand how that could happen. if i send it in is it possible for them to find out if I had jailbroken or unlocked it in the past ?

Yes, but as long as u do a simple restore NO they won't check for it or care

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

A complete restore is not done unless you plug the phone in and choose general>reset>erase all content and settings.

THEN it is a master wipe.