Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: home button/lockscreen delay??

Default home button/lockscreen delay??
    recently restored my phone as a new phone
    jailbroke with redsnow

now for whatever reason every time i push my home button the unlock screen will not appear for about 4-5 seconds - wtf?

I have the same problem too... Anybody have any solutions?

I have a different problem. Closing any app with the home button takes about 3 seconds. It just stops everything and sits there, then goes to the homescreen. Maybe this is the same problem.

On my 3G, 3.0 has a definite lag to it when going back to the homescreen. Also, with a reboot, the Apple logo goes away and sits on a blank black screen almost like DFU mode...

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    On my 3G, 3.0 has a definite lag to it when going back to the homescreen. Also, with a reboot, the Apple logo goes away and sits on a blank black screen almost like DFU mode...
    Same here. I honestly just assumed it was something to do with redsnow or something and that it might be fixed in QuickPwn if they ever released it.

I realized that when it does that, my wifi isn't working anymore until I restart the phone. I did use purplera1n method for jailbreaking. Gonna try to restore and jailbreak with redsnow, though since silent1643 is having thus problem with redsnow, I dunno how good it'll be.

After following dev-team's advice on reseting the network settings it's working fine so far for the past couple hours. Maybe that's all it needed...
    Last edited by papp85; 2009-07-24 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    im glad that im not the only one who had this happen.
    Last edited by kadinh; 2009-07-24 at 09:28 PM. Reason: terrible grammer

Just so you know, it's not exclusive to jailbroken iPhones.
    It's happening to legit ones too.
    Apple - Support - Discussions - 5 sec delay after pressing home button ...

Called Apple and the fix is to restore to factory and set up as new phone. If you are having this issue you can not sync to a backup because the problem will be reinstalled.
    I posted in this forum if interested;
    Apple - Support - Discussions - iPhone 3GS becomes sluggish after a few ...
    I hope this helps

Same problem for my iphone 4. It freezes almost 80% of the times i press the home button

Default Restore May Not Work
    Quote Originally Posted by bruddap View Post
    Called Apple and the fix is to restore to factory and set up as new phone. If you are having this issue you can not sync to a backup because the problem will be reinstalled.
    I posted in this forum if interested;
    Apple - Support - Discussions - iPhone 3GS becomes sluggish after a few ...
    I hope this helps
    Tried it. Didn't fix the problem. Also deleted my contacts and app page configurations. I ended up recovering from a backup. Someone also suggested shutting off the triple click for VoiceOver. That didn't fix the problem either.