Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone/vodafone sim question

Default iphone/vodafone sim question
    hi i was wondering if someone can help me i have a 8gb iphone uk model jailbroken, unlocked and activated with ziphone 2.6. firmware 1.1.4. with a vodafone uk sim card. the phone works great the only problem is google maps locate. it worked fine at first then it just stopped. it doesn't work over edge or wifi. i input the edge settings for vodafone that didn't work, so i tried putting in 2 different sim cards from 2 different networks virgin uk and o2 uk and google locate works. i tried another vodafone uk card and google locate does't work. I tried restoring & running ziphone again that didn't work. I tried resetting the network settings that didn't seem to work either any solutions? the reason i'm desparate is i got lost the other day and needed to use locate the only way i found my my way was pure luck.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

try downloading locateme and run that first. (just to see if that works)

otherwise get a new sim card.

tried locateme and navizon neither works

I've also had an issue with Vodafone Australia. 2 months ago, I could use GPRS/EDGE and then suddenly it stopped. First i thought it was an account issue, but it wasnt. Second, i thought it was a SIM issue so i got it replaced... Now I just dont know. GPRS/Edge on Voda with an iphone in Australia just doesnt work anymore..