Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgraded to 3.0, now I lost my contacts, please help!

Default Upgraded to 3.0, now I lost my contacts, please help!
    I updated to iPhone OS 3.0 and now I am having problems with my contacts. I had my iphone backed up but the contacts did go over.

I still have an "older revision" of my contacts from Windows Contacts, but it won't seem to transfer over when I click sync.

Please advise.

Thanks

Did you try - Right click (on phone name) restore backup?

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    Did you try - Right click (on phone name) restore backup?
    Yes, I have tried to restore backups, and for some reason they do not have my contacts, although I know the previous backup "Jun 22" did have all my contacts.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Silly question perhaps. On the "info" page in iTunes, did you put a check by sync contacts?

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Silly question perhaps. On the "info" page in iTunes, did you put a check by sync contacts?
    Yeah, I'm playing around with iTunes at the moment and if its checked with Windows Contacts it doesn't work.

I would tweek a few settings, restart the computer and then I see "iTunes was unable to load dataclass information from sync services. Reconnect or try again later." Then nothing shows up under the contacts section.

Could there be something wrong with my iTunes? I have tried the "services fix" by restarting the Apple Mobile Device service with no luck. I don't want to uninstall iTunes and lose my backup, that would be disastrous.