Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: White Screen during restore

Default White Screen during restore
    Hi..

I've been given an bricked iPhone to try to fix, and I've hit a roadblock. The girl who gave it to me doesn't know what happened, because her friend told her he was going to make it better (I assume that means he was going to jailbreak it) and now it doesn't work.

When the phone comes on, you get the iTunes connection screen, and connecting to iTunes gives the option to restore the phone. However, if you restore the phone, once the phone reboots, and the Apple logo comes up with the little status bar beneath it, the crawl begins for just one pixel, then the phone white screens and crashes. iTunes reports an error 9.

I've tried everything I can think of. I've done it on my mac, my pc (FYI, on the PC, the crash seems to happen as soon as the pc mounts the recovery USB driver.) I've tried redsn0w to kick it back to life (all works until the ramdisk is uploaded, then same issue). I've tried to use pwnage (I can occasionally get the pineapple logo, but mostly I get the apple logo) and on Rock my Phone, the program tries to reset the phone into normal mode, but it just keeps on white screening and rebooting.

If I put the phone into DFU, I get a black screen. iTunes will also detect the phone in this mode, but again, once the phone reboots to do the restore, it crashes in the same place.

Running out of ideas here... anyone else have any?

Thanks!

I had a similar problem. Jailbroken and softunlocked with RockApp. Worked fine then suddenly crashed. In the end I kept getting error 23. Took it in and Apple said it was hardware failure