Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apps not showing up on phone

Default Apps not showing up on phone
    My iPhone 2G officially died yesterday, so I had to go down and upgrade to the 3GS.

I started syncing everything and for some reason I have apps that show up in iTunes, that say they are being sync'd, but never show up on my phone.

The weird thing is when I go into the App Store and try to reinstall .. it already says "installed" and I can't click the button.

Any ideas on how to get these apps to show up on my phone?

-thanks-

(BTW: I have NOT jailbreak'd this phone .. and not sure if I will or not)

-anyone?-
    Last edited by washamur; 2009-07-11 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

OK dumb question, do you have a check by them in the applications tab in iTunes?
    Brand new 3Gs huh, that sux.
    Make an appt. with the genius bar and return that puppy if it's not working properly.

Yeah, everything is checked in iTunes

Everything on the phone is working properly, just a few apps for some reason wont install to the phone - yet in the App Store on the phone the button says "installed".

We don't have an Apple Store here, and the people at the AT&T store are FAR from "genius".

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You restored from backup and all the apps you had hidden before are STILL hidden now because of the springboard.plist file. Your easiest option is to install sb settings.. go to more.. unhide all your icons.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    You restored from backup and all the apps you had hidden before are STILL hidden now because of the springboard.plist file. Your easiest option is to install sb settings.. go to more.. unhide all your icons.
    He/She isn't jailbroken

OP, you have 2 options, one would be to jailbreak and follow Poseidon's idea and the other, restore and set up as a new phone

Good Luck

If I restore and set up as a new phone ... will the apps that I had to pay for originally have to be paid for again? .. or will it say that I have already downloaded them, and just be free for downloading again.

-thanks for all the info-