Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to select audio ouput source ?

Default how to select audio ouput source ?
    hi
    is there any app or sbsetting add-on which could give us the choice to select the audio output of iPhone 3GS, choice between internal speaker and external speaker for example ? or with a connected Bluetooth peripheral ?
    i know we have this kind of choice when using iPod app or voice memo app, but could it be set globaly for the phone ?

Those aren't audio sources... those are audio OUTPUTS. iPhone OS itself doesn't have a way to select between multiple A2DP audio outputs, so I can't imagine the kind of problems an app would have when encountering disappearing audio devices and such that remain "connected" under the Bluetooth section of the General settings. I can see how it would be useful for those who aren't using it, though. If SBSettings could create, "plugged-in," "on battery," "PC connection," and "Docked" profiles, I'd be one happy camper.

Personally, I want one profile for "mounted on my motorcycle, plugged in, and synced with my helmet headset" and one for everywhere else.