Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile With Iphone question

Default T-Mobile With Iphone question
    If I get the 3G 16 GB Iphone (Unlocked/Jailbroken) with the
    T-Mobile Sim Card, Will I Get The 3G Data or will it stay on EDGE?

if your a USA t mobile user it will stay as edge but if your a uk / europen user youll have 3g network...

IF you are a USA user make sure you turn off 3g when you use ultrasnow

hope this helps

if so click the thanks button!

iPhone? ... No?... MYphone!!!

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shabz_de_don For This Useful Post:

rwcblazer (2009-07-11)

Ok Thanks that answered my question. So i have a 2G 16BG Iphone So if T-Mobile USA doesnt get 3G is it worth Getting the 3G Iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by rwcblazer View Post
    Ok Thanks that answered my question. So i have a 2G 16BG Iphone So if T-Mobile USA doesnt get 3G is it worth Getting the 3G Iphone?
    overall the iphone is worth getting, you can use it for apps/games or when around wifi you can use it... its not much of a downfall having EDGE, its just slower then 3G... the only this would be that if your loading a webpage it'll take slightly longer then a 3G... but other then that i think the iphone is a keep

think of it this way... you use your tmobile sim on another phone youll still get the same data speed, so if your a t mobile user and you like the iphone get it!

I go have the Iphone but the 2G would it be worth it spending $300 for the 3G or should i just stick with the 2G?

erm... well coming back to the whole data issue... the 2g runs on EDGE and the 3G can run on both EDGE and 3G, im not too sure about this but as far as i know there are a few hardware changes on them... and i know for sure the 2G doesnt have GPS on it... im not sure if there would be any other advantages with the 3G... the 2G is definately worth buying if your using t mobile. i guess if you have the extra cash you can go for the 3G...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to shabz_de_don For This Useful Post:

rwcblazer (2009-07-11)

I already own the 2G but was thingking of getting the 3G but since Im a T-mobile user in USA i cant get the 3G so I think im stick with the 2G. Thanks For all your Help.

no problem... if theres anything else... modmyi is usually one of the best forums for the iphone and everyones will to help... so if you need anything else drop by!

and ofcourse...

welcome to modmyi!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to shabz_de_don For This Useful Post:

ashidar (2009-07-21)