Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can you stop icons from rearange if phone crashes?

Default Can you stop icons from rearange if phone crashes?
    Hello,

I tried searching the forum and couldn't a good answer for this. I am probably not doing such a good job at searching. I am using i'Elegance theme(greatest theme) and with it I use 6 rows 5 columns. Something causes my phone to crash and I canít figure out what. After the crash all my icons are all over the place. From 30 icons on a page I get 16 and they moved all around. Is there any way to prevent the icons from moving around even if the phone crashed?

Thanks for the help

Thanks

There is a app called Lockdown, which is a app that allows you to put passwords etc on your applications, anyway, it also has the option to lock app position, which means that you can not move any of your apps at all while this option is selected. However, i dont think Lockdown is working on 3.x at the moment.

I think there is another app, that allows you to make backups of your springboard, meaning that if all your icons do get re-arranged then you are able to so call "restore" from your springboard backup. Although I am not sure if this is working on 3.x yet.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lach For This Useful Post:

Cirtess (2009-10-24), flauca2 (2009-07-10)

Thanks. After your post i searched google and found out that there is an application called SpringBack that will backup the icons location. Im not sure if this works on 3.0 i will have to try it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to flauca2 For This Useful Post:

Cirtess (2009-10-24)

Thanks

Yeah i think the app i mentioned at the end of my previous post is what you found! I'm not sure if it is either, but give it a go .