Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Syncing with iTunes

Default Syncing with iTunes
    Hey quick question. I carry a bunch of shows on my iPhone. I usually have one or two seasons of any given show on my phone. When I finish watching an episode, I manually delete it from my phone right then and there. Helps me keep track of where I'm at. However, as soon as I sync it back up with iTunes, it puts them all right back on my phone. Is there a way to set iTunes up so it recognizes that I've deleted a movie from my phone and will either stop syncing it back up, or delete it from my library all together? If not, then what is the purpose of allowing you to delete it on the phone in the first place, if it's just going to put it back on there when you sync? Just looking for ideas.

And if anyone knows of any better video managers than the default iPod application, that would be great.

Thanks,
    Nate

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

You should be able to choose what you sync in iTunes. Check the tab in iTunes where the movies are located, and un-check the ones you don't want. Or, click on the movie in iTunes, right click and delete it.

Yeah that's what I've been doing so far. I just have a hard time remembering where I left off. Guess I was looking for an easier solution.