Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS Ringtone won't change from custom to stock

Default 3GS Ringtone won't change from custom to stock
    Hi All, I'm having a bizarre issue with the ringtones on my new 3GS. When I got the phone I just restored the backup of my 2G that I was replacing. I had a custom ringtone(CTU) and when the phone rings it only plays the ringtone twice and then just vibrates for rings after the 2nd ring. I tried to change the ringtone to a stock ringtone but it still plays my custom ringtone and does the 2 ring thing. This is kinda frustrating if I don't have the phone near me I miss calls. I have restarted the phone after changing the ringtone but that doesn't help. Anyone have any suggestions before I hit the Apple store to swap it out?
    Thanks,
    Derek
    Always remember that you are unique....just like everyone else.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If you restored from back-up you need to restore and set the phone up as NEW in iTunes. Before that you can try settings.. general.. reset.. reset all settings.

Hmmm..resetting all settings didn't work...how can I setup as new now that i've restored from backup?

Thanks

You plug into iTunes... hit the RESTORE button... then when it's done set it up as a NEW profile instead of a backup.

Hit Restore and now its downloading an iPhone software update...WTF the phone was already running 3.0.....strange!

Thanks

A restore means it has to reload the firmware into the phone... it has to get it from somewhere, lol.

yeah but I was already running 3.0 on my old 2G so I had DL the 3.0 software weeks ago

OK fully restored and setup as NEW now the damn thing won use my custom ringtone! WTF

OK well now it changes to my custom ringtone after another sync but its still doing the ring twice and then only vibrate thing! FUDGE!
    Last edited by DoubleD; 2009-07-10 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost