Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Maps issue after 3Gs Jailbreak

Default Google Maps issue after 3Gs Jailbreak
    I'm wondering who else is having issues with their google maps after their 3Gs jailbreak, whether it be redsn0w or purplera1n. I have noticed a few other bugs after jailbreaking recently that come and go, like the keyboard freezing up in Mail, and things like that, but my google maps is way slow after jailbreaking. the gps indicator ring will freeze up and sometimes won't snap back until i am a few miles down the road.

does anyone maybe have an idea as to what could be conflicting with this?

*i don't normally start threads because i can usually find out the answers by searching, but I couldn't find this particular issue anywhere else, so i thought it was worth a shot

thanks
     White iPhone 3Gs - 32Gb 

Did you reset your network settings after JB'ing? My gps wouldn't work until I did. Have had 0 issues since. Used purplera1n RC2, and I have mQuickdo, iNavMilk, 24hr lockscreen wallpaper, and Gruppled Lockscreen (badass).

Still get 140mb of ram, I love the 3gs!
    Last edited by GodzillaAteMyiPhone; 2009-07-10 at 02:23 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GodzillaAteMyiPhone For This Useful Post:

atarii (2009-08-11), nickswagger (2009-07-10)

^^ thanks, I will try that. I am waiting for a decent turn by turn gps app to come out, but i havent heard anything good about sygic or g-map and i wont dare give at&t 10 bucks a month for their crappy gps app.

have u tried xGPS from Cydia? its pretty good for being free, plus you can load maps to it for offline use and theme it. my mom uses it when she travels to South America, I have the three countries she frequents loaded on her 3G. her GPS still works, and no need for internet connection.

I'm actually not sure if it works on the 3GS, havent installed it yet. will give it a shot tomorrow

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GodzillaAteMyiPhone For This Useful Post:

nickswagger (2009-07-10)

will have to try that, thank you kind sir

I've been haveing weird issues with Google maps too with my 3gs. I've been having this issue pre jailbreak. My "current location" would change after i recive a call or if my phone would lock and i would have to reopen the gmaps.