Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: updating a jailbroken iphone...

Default updating a jailbroken iphone...
    Hey everyone...I had a quick question. I am new to the jailbroken Iphone community and I am loving it! I just have a concern that I never thought of until I recently saw that iphone 3.0.1 will be coming out soon. If I update the software will I lose all of my jailbroken features? Do I wait until the 3.0.1 jailbreak is out to update? basically, I am unsure of how to do future updates for a jailbroken Iphone so that I do not lose everything. Thanks alot to all of you who provide some feedback!

It's the 3.1 update, actually. Do not update until they release a new jailbreak, otherwise you won't be able to use Cydia etc. or unlock the phone for a while.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

^+1

Quote Originally Posted by Crana View Post
    It's the 3.1 update, actually. Do not update until they release a new jailbreak, otherwise you won't be able to use Cydia etc. or unlock the phone for a while.
    No I think you'll find it is the 3.01 update.

Default ok...
    Thanks for all the help. When there is a jailbreak for it, will I then be able to just download the jailbreak and update the iphone as usual but with that jailbreak or will i have to go through the Pawnage tool again?

this is what always bothered me about jailbreaking, not being able to seamlessly update. I HATE having to rejailbreak, & redownload all my stuff again after a little update from apple. but a guess its a small price to pay in order to have an awesome iphone
     White iPhone 3Gs - 32Gb 

Quote Originally Posted by nickswagger View Post
    this is what always bothered me about jailbreaking, not being able to seamlessly update. I HATE having to rejailbreak, & redownload all my stuff again after a little update from apple. but a guess its a small price to pay in order to have an awesome iphone
    If youre on top of things, and know how to backup your bookmarks, settings, apps, game saves etc its a piece of cake. I usually do a fresh restore at least once even before a new firmwares released - just to keep my phone running sharp. I recommend it!