Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sync with passcode/broken digitizer

Default Sync with passcode/broken digitizer
    My buddy dropped his 3g in the pool. After a good dry, the phone powered up and with the exception of a dead touch screen, seemed to work. Figuring it was the digitizer that broke, we purchased a replacement online and swapped it (seemingly) successfully, but still no touchy goodness.

Is there any workaround for a non-jailbroken 3g to bypass the passcode lock so I can sync with iTunes? He is running 2.2.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by jch733i; 2009-07-08 at 11:03 AM. Reason: added os version

Hi,

Did you make any progress on the digitizer problem? I have an almost identical story. Phone in bucket of water, dried out, cleaned all contacts, everything works (as far as I can check without touch), phone, wireless, sound, ipod,... except the touch input. Replaced the screen+digitizer using part from pdaparts.com, didn't help, exactly the same situation.

Which passcode lock are you referring to? The sim lock? You can clear that using another phone. That is how I tested that the phone part still works...
    Last edited by davidav; 2009-07-22 at 03:56 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks

Have you tried turning the phone off and cleaning the connection from the digitizer on the mainboard with some pure alcohol? it sounds like the connection problems on your mainboard if its a brand new part
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Hello,

Well, I didn't use pure alcohol but some organic cleaning liquid (benzine according Google translate) --- i've done this several times, also with the old screen (where the touch also didn't work).

Indeed it could be the connection, but all other connections were damaged more by the water (the one for the digitizer, "2", not at all, visibly) and I managed to get all these other parts to work insofar as I could check the functionality without touch screen. So my conclusion is that, somehow, the electronics part of the touch is broken---which is a (very expensive) shame...