Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't hear caller when received calls.

Default Can't hear caller when received calls.
    Hi Guys,

Need some help over her.

Recently I encounter problems after I upgrade my 2G iPhone to OS 3.0

Everything was working fine except at random times, when I had incoming calls, the phone still rings as per normal, but when I answer the call, I cannot hear anything from the caller. and the caller cannot hear anything from me either.

Anyone encounter this? and is there a fix to it?

Regards,
    Kenny

Same situation here:

2G Upgraded to 3.0 and I cant hear anything on the other end. It'll work after a reboot but then it just stops randomly. Help.

Do you have WeatherIcons installed? There is a thread (do a search) either here or on Hackint0sh.org that talks about an undocumented problem with EDGE connection and voice connection. It seems WeatherIcons tries to connect to EDGE to update when the incoming call comes in, disrupting both connections. The newest version of WeatherIcons fixes this problem. If you don't have WI installed, it may be something to do with PUSH mail or PUSH notifications. Turn those off and give it a try.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jedavis1 For This Useful Post:

WooTek (2009-07-15)

another thing to check is that sometime dust or metal piece stuck in the earplug, so the iphone think that earbuds are plugin, so it mess up!!
    just clean that with a big breath!!

good luck!

I have this same issue, I turned off the Push but still have an issue. I do have the weathericon installed but I'm not sure if it's the new version or not...how can I get the newest version...

Quote Originally Posted by jedavis1 View Post
    Do you have WeatherIcons installed? There is a thread (do a search) either here or on Hackint0sh.org that talks about an undocumented problem with EDGE connection and voice connection. It seems WeatherIcons tries to connect to EDGE to update when the incoming call comes in, disrupting both connections. The newest version of WeatherIcons fixes this problem. If you don't have WI installed, it may be something to do with PUSH mail or PUSH notifications. Turn those off and give it a try.

By any chance do u know which version of the weathericon is newest version? I'm on version 2.1.16 and I turned off the "Push"...I tried to search like you stated but cannot find any link regarding about the resolution...
    Last edited by WooTek; 2009-07-15 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have 2.1.17. I will look to see if I can find the link.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...ded-3-0-a.html
    Last edited by jedavis1; 2009-07-15 at 09:33 PM.

I have 2.1.17. I will look to see if I can find the link.
    I really appreciated...

Add http://david.ashman.com/apt to cydia and that is the developer of WeatherIcons.

Reading over the other thread again, this was an issue specific to the 2G iPhone. You said that you have a 3GS... Give it a try.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jedavis1 For This Useful Post:

WooTek (2009-07-16)

You're the man...I just updated to 2.1.17 and I turned off the "Push" and with this update I really hope this resolve this issue...regardless, I really appreciate you looking into this for me...Thank You much...

Add http://david.ashman.com/apt to cydia and that is the developer of WeatherIcons.

Reading over the other thread again, this was an issue specific to the 2G iPhone. You said that you have a 3GS... Give it a try.
    I updated weathericon to 2.1.17 and I haven't had an issue until this morning it was doing samething...is there anything else I have add through SSH or all I have to do is just update the weathericon(I only updated the weathericon)?
    Last edited by WooTek; 2009-07-16 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Are you on EDGE or 3G? The only reason I ask (in my area, by cell co doesn't have 3G) is that this is supposedly an EDGE only problem. There could be something completely different that you are having a problem with.

If it were my phone, I would restore to factory and re-jailbreak, only installing the basic cydia stuff. Let that go for a day or so and see if it has the problem, add on or two apps back at a time until you figure out which app is causing the problem. Slow and tedious I know, but it doesn't seem to be weather icons because at least in my case, the issue was resolve a few weeks ago.

2g/edge. Uninstalled weather icon and never had push activated. Still dealing with the same issue. WTF there has to be a fix out there... anybody?

Are you on EDGE or 3G? The only reason I ask (in my area, by cell co doesn't have 3G) is that this is supposedly an EDGE only problem. There could be something completely different that you are having a problem with.

If it were my phone, I would restore to factory and re-jailbreak, only installing the basic cydia stuff. Let that go for a day or so and see if it has the problem, add on or two apps back at a time until you figure out which app is causing the problem. Slow and tedious I know, but it doesn't seem to be weather icons because at least in my case, the issue was resolve a few weeks ago.

I notice that it's most likely that it's the theme I got on my iPhone Windows 7 Fantasy V2 cuz everytime I uncheck this theme from my winterboard it's perfectly fine...also I see that they came out with another version for weathericon but still no luck.