Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone dropped in toilet bowl!

Default iPhone dropped in toilet bowl!
    Hey, I just came back from town. And my iPhone won't turn on. Here's the story: I left my iPhone my son and his mother because I don't get signal any signal when I go to Ireland. Also, I don't like go to a far away place with my iPhone. Anyway, my son dropped my iPhone in the toilet, his mother says. I came back, and a month later to an iPhone 2g that won't turn on. Is there anything I can do to fix it? My baby mother tried to dry it off weeks before I came back to the US, but it did not work still. Could I just open it and blow dry it or something? Could I leave it next to something hot? I don't know if that would work since my iPhone apparently hasn't been working for weeks.
    Last edited by y0ungSir; 2009-07-08 at 02:02 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

For what 2g phones are selling for now, it might be cheaper to buy a another one rather than try to fix it.

Thanks

^Indeed... You can always try to throw it in a bowl of rice though, which is the recommended procedure after a water incident, however I'm not sure if that'll still be useful a month after the fact.
    Respect your elders.