Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia takes up 4gigs?

Default Cydia takes up 4gigs?
    in my itunes i have 4g taking up "other" after i jailbroke my itouch. my friend's iphone doesnt even have gig after he jailbroke his. i tried searching for files to delete but i cant find any to spare. do you all have this much space taken up? if no, what should i do/look for. thanks

not only cydia but i-formating about 1-3 gb. i only have about 3gig but with over 2 gigs of other stuff so you do have an abnormal amount

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

have you been updating when going to a new jailbreak or have you done a restore and update!!?

become if you have just been updating then your problem is this. see when you update with doing a proper restore the jailbroken space becomes "dead space" and after each update and jailbreak its slowly going to take more and more.

my solution; backup your phone then do a proper restore and update.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

cool thanks, so i should restore to original settings &
    re-jailbreak?
    Last edited by croft; 2009-07-07 at 09:04 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Personally, always setup your phone as new. People have so many problems with restore from backup and jailbreaking.

now its 5g, is there a step by step post or something? i havent found one yet. i havent updated anything except apps since i jailbroke it a couple weeks ago.
    Last edited by croft; 2009-07-07 at 09:15 PM.