Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: gmail on 2g iphone 3.0

Default gmail on 2g iphone 3.0
    what is the best way to set up gmail on my phone some reason when i check my mail on my phone and then go home and pull up my outlook to download my mail it doesnt download everything since i already download the messages in my iphone but i want them to stay on the server as new so when i get home i can get the same messages on my outlook.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

did you set up your gmail on the phone as a pop or imap account? if it's set up as pop, go into gmail settings on your computer, and under "forwarding and pop/imap" and under pop download, make sure you choose keep gmail copy in inbox

Try this:
    Calendar & Contacts Sync : Set Up Your iPhone or iPod Touch - Mobile Help

If you don't already have an exchange account on your iPhone. you can set it up that way.

AFAIK, The mail part still doesn't work for setting up the mail part with the 3.0 version of the iPhone firmware.
    So what you can do is connect Exchange with an IMAP connection, by setting up an email account, and selecting the "GMAIL" button, and putting in your information.
    Then setup ANOTHER account for EXCHANGE, and input the information, following the instructions I gave you in the link.
    at the very last step, only enable contacts, and calendar, since your mail syncing will be taken care of with the IMAP connection.

a heads up though: when you sync your contacts and calendar, it will replace all your contacts and calendar items on your phone with the ones that exist in your gmail calendar, and your gmail contacts.

Hope this helps.

not sure how i did it when i did lol... but on gmail under where you said to go and everything is set to leave a copy but for some reason when i check my mail on my iphone and then go home and send and recieve with outlook the messages i got earlier will not come threw to outlook but they will still be online at gmail.com.