Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ultrasn0w for AT&T?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Ultrasn0w for AT&T?
    I understand that Ultasn0w unlocks your phone so you can use it with T-Mobile but I was wondering, is there any advantage to unlocking your phone if you plan to solely use it on AT&T?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stuce View Post
    I understand that Ultasn0w unlocks your phone so you can use it with T-Mobile but I was wondering, is there any advantage to unlocking your phone if you plan to solely use it on AT&T?
    No not at all.

on that thought... i travel quite a bit to other countries... since there are currently no sbsettings toggle for ultrasn0w, should i be worry if i keep ultrasn0w installed when using at&t while i'm back in the states? or should i uninstall ultrasn0w and only install it when i'm traveling?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

having ultrasn0w installed while here using AT&T doesn't affect it at all. i have it installed and am currently using AT&T. just waiting to take advantage of it when i travel abroad and need to pop in a foreign sim

iPhone? More like MyPhone GADeputy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    having ultrasn0w installed while here using AT&T doesn't affect it at all. i have it installed and am currently using AT&T. just waiting to take advantage of it when i travel abroad and need to pop in a foreign sim
    That brings up a question.... I plan on going to Germany and Italy in 2 months. I have a jailbroken but NOT unlocked 3G. I'm using AT&T here in the States. What's the best thing for me to do if I want to use my iPhone while on vacation? Should I use Ultrasn0w? Where do I get a sim to use while on vacation? Any recommendations would be highly appreciated.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

well, that really depends on how long you're going for and whether the calls would be for emergency purposes or you'd like to make a daily call to family back home. if you're going to make more than just emergency calls, i'd recommend unlocking your phone with ultrasn0w (test it here with a tmobile sim to make sure it works prior to your trip) and then buy a sim card there. i'm not sure how sim cards work. you'd have to probably go to a mobile store and check on prepaid cards but i know that you can get CALLING CARDS for really cheap anywhere at one of the street stands to call back to the US. hope this helps

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm in England right now, what I did was used ultrasnow to unlock, then I just went to one of the mobile carriers and asked what they could give me prepaid. All of them could give me a prepaid SIM with access to minutes, and messages, but not data (for a reasonable price). I ended up going with o2 because they had a 'iphone web bolt on' which was 20 pounds, but gave me the unlimited internet I was used to. So, I didn't have to unlock because o2 carries the iPhone in the UK, however, it was really nice to be able to freely choose between 4 carriers. (o2, vodafone, orange, and t-mobile)