Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone Apprehension

Default Iphone Apprehension
    Guys n Girls

This is my 1st post so forgive me if in wrong forum. Been scanning through and getting more and more confussed....!!

My Question is:

I have just purchased an Iphone 3G from Ebay which is unlocked and currently on Orange (my network), I have been able to install APPS from the installed application and all seems to be fine....

My Apprehension is plugging my Iphone into Itunes on my Windows Vista....?

I keep seeing firmware 3.0 everywhere but my Iphone has Modem Firmware 04.05.04_G Version 3.0 (7A341)

I want upload all my tunes and videos etc..... I understand that I need to turn off the automatic updates from Itunes but what else do I need to consider/do befor plugging in.....?

Thanks in advance for viewing and hopefully posting

Just make sure you dont update or restore to be on the safe side, but thats it. Once you get more familiar with it, you can upgrade and re-jailbreak/unlock.

But thats about it....just dont upgrade or restore. (Which you would have to choose or answer yes too, it wont auto do it.)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

newbie2Iphone (2009-07-07)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by newbie2Iphone View Post
    I keep seeing firmware 3.0 everywhere but my Iphone has Modem Firmware 04.05.04_G Version 3.0 (7A341)

The modem firmware, or baseband, is different to having 3.0 system firmware (system version). 3.0 is the iPhone operating system version.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!