Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is anyone else having these problems? (Screen Not Registering)

Default Is anyone else having these problems? (Screen Not Registering)
    So I got my iphone 3gs the day it came out. But the last week or two now I have noticed that my screen just stops registering my touch. The screen itself is fine because I can see things moving when I am playing games and such but when I go to touch something it just doesnt register. I have been having this happen to me every hour or so for the last two weeks and I am getting sick and tired of it.

Is anyone else having these problems?

I know this is a dumb question to ask but I might as well. Can a screen protector cause this? Because I put on the invisibleshield (front and back) a few weeks ago. I had the 2g and 3g version with the invisible shield like this and never had problems so I kind of doubt it could be that.

I am thinking about taking it into the apple store but I know for a fact they are going to give me **** about this. I am going to tell them what is going on and it is just going to magicly work for them and not break at all.

LEH SIGHZORSAUCE

I doubt the screen protector would do that, but you can pull it off and test it if you like.

I would take it back to Apple, its under warranty.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quick question to the op, did you notice this happening at random intervals or is it after you've been using your 3gs for awhile and it's heated up?e.g. Playing 3d intensive games or using it outside in the heat?

The reason I ask is that I noticed similar non responsiveness of the touch screen earlier today after my 3gs was somewhat heated up from use.

it happens like every 10 mins when im playing ff7. it happens every hour or so when i am just checking email or using the phone. it is really starting to annoy me. i am just trying to figure out what to say to these people (apple genius guys) to get my point across. i am probably going to go to the apple store tomorrow because this is ridiculous.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm going to just keep an eye on mine because today was the first time that I noticed it and it was definitely running hot when it happened. I only had it happen to me that one time though. Everything seems to be in working order at the moment. Let me know how apple responds when you bring it in. I'll also try and recreate the problem and post if it happens to me again.

I'd take it in...tell them what you told us. It shouldnt be that way.

PS- **knocks on wood** I havent had any issues like that with my 3GS....yet.

I have got a 6:20PM reservation with the apple people. And of COURSE winterboard gets release today. It just HAS TO GET RELEASED TODAY. SIGH... (The day I restored my phone back to normal because I am taking it in)

---UPDATE---
    Well took it in and explained my problem. Of course when I showed the guy it didn't freeze period. But I kept complaining about it and told him I wouldn't drive two hours to a store (was only 15 minutes LOL) if my phone was functioning properly. They said that I was just being impatient and the phone needed time to think. I complained some more and then the guy finally gave up and gave me a new one. Winner!!! But yeah after playing around with the new one some I have had zero problems so far. I love how this works. =)
    Last edited by shoemocker; 2009-07-08 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost