Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Good Alarm clock that will run in the background?

Default Good Alarm clock that will run in the background?
    Hey, in general, I really like the defautl alarm clock app that comes with the iphone. I even created a "silent" ringtone that I can use because I just like to be woke up with vibrate. However, there is only ONE thing wrong with it. I really like the idea of a full screen snooz button like some of the other alarm clock apps have. The problem with all the other alarm clock apps is that they all have to stay running to work. Which means they all sit there glowing all night long. There's one that lets you dim the numbers down, but the screen is still on just dimming grey. I want my phone to be able to lock and the screen completely shut off at night, as I have a glowing clock if I ever want to see the time. I just need the alarm portion!

Anyone know of a good alarm clock app with full-screen snooze, that will run with the iphone locked? Paid or free, doesn't matter.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

id use the app you like and use backrounder to keep it running in the back round
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Quote Originally Posted by screamforme02 View Post
    id use the app you like and use backrounder to keep it running in the back round
    That's a great idea! However, I just tested it, and I can get it running in the background, and if I have the springboard up, I hear the alarm, but still have to manually enter the application to snooze or turn it off. (thus getting rid of the full-screen snooze I wanted) Also, if the phone is locked, nothing happens at all until I unlock it.

But thanks for the idea, I'm sure I'll be able to find other uses for Backgrounder, it seems pretty handy.