Results 1 to 17 of 17

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Can someone please explain to be this $99.99 deal for upgrading to 3Gs from 3G

  1. #1
    Default Can someone please explain to be this $99.99 deal for upgrading to 3Gs from 3G
    Does anyone know all the criteria for the upgrade. I have a $80 fam plan with 30 iphone plan and 5$ sms plan, Plus I got my 3G in the first week of its lauch. I have been ATT sub for 7+ yrs.

    Can someone please itemize it plz.

    I am really pissed off with ATT customer reps.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    if u got it the first week then you can upgrade with a new 2-year sgreement for $199 for the 16gb 3gs. nothing extra needed aside from diving deeper into the murky whole that is an at&t contract.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by rstuvwxyz View Post
    if u got it the first week then you can upgrade with a new 2-year sgreement for $199 for the 16gb 3gs. nothing extra needed aside from diving deeper into the murky whole that is an at&t contract.
    can u please elaborate

    No one knows or can help here? If this is not the right section, what section should I post in?
    Last edited by kilr.ryd; 2009-07-06 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  4. #4
    Retired Moderator Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,264
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    The above post was pretty clear. The $99 deal you speak of is a new 2 year agreement to buy a 3G iPhone. The 3GS iPhone is $199 for a 16g and $299 for a 32g. Both of these prices require a 2 year contract extension. If this is STILL unclear then call an AT&T store or customer care and talk to a SALES PERSON.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    The above post was pretty clear. The $99 deal you speak of is a new 2 year agreement to buy a 3G iPhone. The 3GS iPhone is $199 for a 16g and $299 for a 32g. Both of these prices require a 2 year contract extension. If this is STILL unclear then call an AT&T store or customer care and talk to a SALES PERSON.
    I guess you and the other responder misunderstood my Q. I am not that dumb. I have had both the iphones already.

    My Q is the 3Gs is available for 199, 299 or 399, 499 or 599, 699. The first tier is for new customers or customers in no contract, the third tier is for someone with an iphone 3g or any other phone that is still under contract but not 18 months into it so cant upgrade yet. The 2nd tier is the one i speak of where there were some special cases ATT were using to allow 3G users to get the intermediate price. Thats the criteria i speak off. Hope this is clear. May be I will have repost my query if someone does reply with a better title

  6. #6
    First tier of $199 and $299 is for new customers, or those not under contract.

    Second tier of $399 and $499 is for Iphone 3G customers under contract, or people eligible for upgrade.

    Last tier of $599 and $699 is a non-subsidized price for anyone.

    PS- You are the second tier, end of story.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    First tier of $199 and $299 is for new customers, or those not under contract.

    Second tier of $399 and $499 is for Iphone 3G customers under contract, or people eligible for upgrade.

    Last tier of $599 and $699 is a non-subsidized price for anyone.

    PS- You are the second tier, end of story.
    I know for a fact you are wrong on the first tier. I can be second tier, but first tier has a special eligibility wherein if you are paying 99.99 per mo on your contract for more than 3 months, you can get the price of 199, 299. Now the problem is, I need to know what that criteria is. ATT customer service guys/gals are dufus so no help there, I thought someone on this forum might know more detail on that special pricing.

  8. #8
    ^Really?? Cause Ive been with ATT for several several years....I pay more than $99.99 a month for my plan as I use it for business....upgraded to the 3G the week it came out......

    Bought the 3GS the weekend it came out, got the 32gb...paid $499. So it must be some really special criteria.

    PS- If you dont know yourself...be a little thankful your getting help and dont rudely tell someon trying to help you that they are wrong.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    ^Really?? Cause Ive been with ATT for several several years....I pay more than $99.99 a month for my plan as I use it for business....upgraded to the 3G the week it came out......

    Bought the 3GS the weekend it came out, got the 32gb...paid $499. So it must be some really special criteria.

    PS- If you dont know yourself...be a little thankful your getting help and dont rudely tell someon trying to help you that they are wrong.
    Right! wow, I couldnt imagine this guy over the phone with a att rep! the pricing and qualifications arent rocket science

  10. #10
    Yeah for some reason some 3g users can upgrade for only 199 while some can't. Your account has to be "in good standing" whatever that means. You can check on the apple site or there is a number you can call which will send you a text msg to tell you if you are eligible for the cheap price. I forget the number though.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    ^Really?? Cause Ive been with ATT for several several years....I pay more than $99.99 a month for my plan as I use it for business....upgraded to the 3G the week it came out......

    Bought the 3GS the weekend it came out, got the 32gb...paid $499. So it must be some really special criteria.

    PS- If you dont know yourself...be a little thankful your getting help and dont rudely tell someon trying to help you that they are wrong.
    Dont get me wrong, I would be thankful if you provided factual information.

    I went to the apple store and they were asking this very Q, the problem is if ATT server says you are not qualified then you are not, but apparently not everyone with the said criteria have been approved. If you dont know, I would suggest calling ATT and confirming and getting your 200 bucks back.

    Being with ATT for several several years really doesnt mean anything if you dont know if this offer exists. I am surprised that the apple/att rep never informed you. The problem is, they are not as well informed to every criterion but they know something like this exists, all they do is check the att server.

    I want to fight my case, since I pay more than the said amount, my acc is in good standing and i bought my 3G the week it came out, which i thought were all the criteria. Until i am aware of all, i cant really fight with the dumb att reps.

    Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    Right! wow, I couldnt imagine this guy over the phone with a att rep! the pricing and qualifications arent rocket science
    well apparently they are when an att rep is considered, since they cant ever come up with the same exact answer every single time.
    Last edited by kilr.ryd; 2009-07-07 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  12. #12
    My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Manteca
    Posts
    812
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 77 Times in 66 Posts

    if you bought the 3G within the first three months of launch you are eligible for the first tier pricing of 199 and 299. check online on AT&T to see if you are eligible under upgrade to new device thingy. I know this because I was going to use my sisters new account on my plan to get it and give her my 3G but since everyone complained they opened my eligiblity two days before the 3GS launched. I still bought a second 3GS to sell but I was able to get the 299 for the 32 gig. I would call to complain if you got the 3G during the first few months of launch unless the promotion was temporary

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by pokekid View Post
    if you bought the 3G within the first three months of launch you are eligible for the first tier pricing of 199 and 299. check online on AT&T to see if you are eligible under upgrade to new device thingy. I know this because I was going to use my sisters new account on my plan to get it and give her my 3G but since everyone complained they opened my eligiblity two days before the 3GS launched. I still bought a second 3GS to sell but I was able to get the 299 for the 32 gig. I would call to complain if you got the 3G during the first few months of launch unless the promotion was temporary
    Thanks, finally someone with some information regarding this promotion.

    Anyhow, can you briefly list your mo bill like how much do you pay for your plan? The promotion isnt over yet, but its has some criteria which are not understood either by the customer reps nor the customers, so I am trying to figure this out before i blast ATT and threaten to close the account after the contract is up.

  14. #14
    My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    611
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 47 Times in 44 Posts

    Use this link to check your eligibility... end of story
    https://buyiphone.apple.com/WebObjects/IPACustomer.woa/

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by IvanPK View Post
    Use this link to check your eligibility... end of story
    https://buyiphone.apple.com/WebObjects/IPACustomer.woa/
    The point is not if ATT considers me eligible or not, the point, i want to know so I can fight why i am not eligible. I am trying to find out why ATT is sticking it to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by kilr.ryd View Post
    The point is not if ATT considers me eligible or not, the point, i want to know so I can fight why i am not eligible. I am trying to find out why ATT is sticking it to me.
    I am amazed that no one on this forum knows?
    Last edited by kilr.ryd; 2009-07-08 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  16. #16
    CPJR... You usually seem to know everything. I'm surprised.

    He's referring to the following.

    AT&T Announcement

    It states that if had an iPhone 3G day one (or close to it) and have a plan that costs more than 99 per month, and are eligible for an upgrade between July-September, you could upgrade to the 3G S early for the 199/299 price. He's confused on why this hasn't triggered for him.

    Also, Killer. You problem may be that the base plan isn't over 99. Family plans seem to mess with this. Is your plan 80 dollars before or after you add in each individual line you are on?
    Last edited by Piazza331; 2009-07-08 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  17. #17
    Default AT&T Critera
    I bought my 16G 3G on July 11th 2008 and my 32G 3GS on June 19th 2009 My monthly bill exceeds $100 but I have been told I am not eligible for the $200 rebate because my blll is less than 99$ BEFORE taxes. It runs around $95. The criteria is also per line in case you have multiple phones. The policy stinks but that is what it is.

    Andy

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •