Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G[s] power button hardly sticks out/hard to push down ?

Exclamation iPhone 3G[s] power button hardly sticks out/hard to push down ?
    anyone notice this? on my 2g the power button sticks up above the phone quite a bit. although on my 3g[s] it hardly sticks out above the case and is somewhat hard to push down.

are others like this or is mine defected?

Hi my 3G Power button used to stick out but now today it has depressed into the case slightly so it is now level to the edge of the case! It still works however. Have you sorted this problem out? I am in the UK and it still has 1 month left of warranty so was thinking of taking it to the Apple shop to see if they can change the phone! I will however have to take off the the Jailbreak! :-0

Quote Originally Posted by Chr1s_888 View Post
    Hi my 3G Power button used to stick out but now today it has depressed into the case slightly so it is now level to the edge of the case! It still works however. Have you sorted this problem out? I am in the UK and it still has 1 month left of warranty so was thinking of taking it to the Apple shop to see if they can change the phone! I will however have to take off the the Jailbreak! :-0
    restore it, and bring it to apple,

Might as well get a brand new phone right before your warranty is up.

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    anyone notice this? on my 2g the power button sticks up above the phone quite a bit. although on my 3g[s] it hardly sticks out above the case and is somewhat hard to push down.

are others like this or is mine defected?
    bring it to apple, compare it to a 3gs they have on display. if yours feels different, point it out to one of the genius's, they'll most likely replace it on the spot.
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 2009-08-18 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

I hope they do replace it as it is a 16GB 3G and they do not seem to sell that model on the site no more and i want to keep the phone until the brand new iPhone eventually comes out unless they give me a 3Gs 16gb for free or for cheap! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Chr1s_888 View Post
    I hope they do replace it as it is a 16GB 3G and they do not seem to sell that model on the site no more and i want to keep the phone until the brand new iPhone eventually comes out unless they give me a 3Gs 16gb for free or for cheap! ;-)
    they'll have it in their inventory. They have to carry all devices for at least a year, for warranty purposes.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Yay! Apple replaced my iPhone with hardly any questions asked! Great service! Got a new phone now so i'm happy!! :-) Cheers!

sigh im having this problem now as well, this is my 4th iphone 3gs with defects.. first was gps issues, then unlevel glass screen then endless apple logo now power button is depressed. idk what to do i just got this one 2 days ago and now my power buton is depressed down. apple store is 50minutes away. i dont want a refurbed iphone seeing as this is only 2 days old, so far all of them have been brand new from bestbuy.