Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: VoiceMemos (3.0) succesfully installed on 2.2 firmware! Developper's opinion needed!

Default VoiceMemos (3.0) succesfully installed on 2.2 firmware! Developper's opinion needed!
    working all this morning for this, I succesfully installed the VoiceMemos app from a 3.0 operated iPhone to my 2.2 operated iPhone. The app is now synced as well in iTunes.

However, the apps crashes on start - I believe it's because it's missing something only found in the 3.0 OS.

I would like to have some developpers opinion on why exactly this app would crash on startup. I have no idea where to go now, nor how to provide further help, so if you need something please ask!

Here's a screenshot of my phone running 2.2, right before it crashes.

on flickr

thx for any help!

How did I do that?

I first quickly jailbreaked my dad's phone, installed shh and ssh'ed in it right away. I went to /var/stash/ApplicationsXXX/ and found VoiceMemos.app right there (XXX means something likely random, you may not have anything after Applications at all).

**EDIT CPJR- Not allowed pre forum rules.**
    Last edited by cpjr; 2009-07-04 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If its crashing on startup, I would say you havent successfully ported it over. All you did was copy files.

And any discussion containing cracked/pirated/warez not allowed.