Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone white screen.

Default iPhone white screen.
    I'm searching as of typing up this post in the Forums.

I haven't touched my iPhone since the fateful accident of tugging on the USB cable while it was charging with a mattress, careless I know, and I've yet to repair it. Before I do buy anything for it, I want to know what the problem is and what I should buy for it.

The LCD screen is NOT broken as far as I can see. When I power on my iPhone 3G it only displays a white screen. When I plug in my USB cable I can hear my sounds go off. I don't know what's wrong with it.. after all the previous drops, it decides to die on me now.

I opened it up since I DON'T have a warranty and decided to take a look inside. There's 3 cables.. and I'm having trouble putting in my #3 cable, AKA sensitizer cable.

EDIT: I noticed when I plug in the #2 cable the white screen appears.. so I guess I need a new glass/digitizer replacement?

Bump. 45 topic views and nothing? D:
    Last edited by Lawlers; 2009-07-04 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

nothing at all. try restoring it instead of opening it up.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyleeme View Post
    nothing at all. try restoring it instead of opening it up.
    I did everything possible. Restore, soft reset, hard reset, etc.

Innocent bump to attract any means of help.
    Last edited by Lawlers; 2009-07-04 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Replace the LCD, I've had one that always showed a white screen, replaced the LCD and it worked fine (no guarantees though, there could be a whole host of issues to be honest, it's just that a new LCD would be the first thing I would like at). On cable #3 it slides into place - you should not need to touch it, maybe just use a splurdger tool to point it down a bit so you can aim it better into the connector - and I would just leave the little black (or white) tab up if you have it up at the moment, they don't seem to do much and break very easily. The long thin push fit connector is the Digitizer, the L shaped push fit connector is the LCD. Try to follow anti-static precautions when you have it open, and don't touch anything inside the phone (there are plenty of exposed parts of the mobo that you could damage just by touching with your hands or fine screwderiver).

Also if the display is lighting up when you connect the cable then you must have the phone on, which I don't think is a great idea while you are removing and connecting the cables. Try and turn it off before you do anything else.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Robcoffee For This Useful Post:

Lawlers (2009-07-05)

Quote Originally Posted by Robcoffee View Post
    Replace the LCD, I've had one that always showed a white screen, replaced the LCD and it worked fine (no guarantees though, there could be a whole host of issues to be honest, it's just that a new LCD would be the first thing I would like at). On cable #3 it slides into place - you should not need to touch it, maybe just use a splurdger tool to point it down a bit so you can aim it better into the connector - and I would just leave the little black (or white) tab up if you have it up at the moment, they don't seem to do much and break very easily. The long thin push fit connector is the Digitizer, the L shaped push fit connector is the LCD. Try to follow anti-static precautions when you have it open, and don't touch anything inside the phone (there are plenty of exposed parts of the mobo that you could damage just by touching with your hands or fine screwderiver).

Also if the display is lighting up when you connect the cable then you must have the phone on, which I don't think is a great idea while you are removing and connecting the cables. Try and turn it off before you do anything else.
    .. Just to make sure, you mean.. LITERALLY the LCD? Underneath the touch screen? In that case.. damnit.