Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will I ever be able to use my iPhone again...

Default Will I ever be able to use my iPhone again...
    NPEBEA»»And my Iphone's USB connection has malfunctioned....
    Quantcast
    Is there anything I can do with my iPhone now?

My iPhone USB connection has malfunctioned due to a damged power cord (My dog chewed on it and it surged my USB Port and apparently the USB connector on the iPhone itself.) NOT MY PROBLEM, PLEASE KEEP READING and help if you can......

Since the dog chewed it, I have replaced the cord but could never get it to be recognized as an Apple mobile device(states, "USB Device
    has malfunctioned").Computer barley charges(does not recognize in iTunes,DiskAid,or QwkPwn), but wall unit does charge it when I must wiggle the USB cord on to it gently and usually on an angle.

I have been running this iPhone 2G with 2.1 then upgraded to 2.2 and ran the iPhone for a while since last upgrading FW. I then downloaded and attempted to install ActivateMMS for iPhone 2G 2.2.
    -- It finished installing but then just went to the boot screen, where it stayed for a long time. I then tried rebooting(Home+Power) till for the first time, I saw Steve Jobs and the Russian word ПΡEΒEД (Surprise, I think). Now if this is the restore screen, CAN I RESTORE WITHOUT PLUGGING IN THIS iPhone? Or, is there any other ideas/solutions to solve my problem here, other then the obvious....(Buying a new one for about $600)

Any help or suggestions are much appreciated.... ¡ Thâñk§ !

1 thread is sufficient for your question. Anymore will be deleted and considered spam.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

SevenMinusT (2009-07-03)

Default Sorry....I am new here(my first posts ever)....
    Thanks, I didn't know if they would be seen in only one area.