Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: my iphone is frozen

Default my iphone is frozen
    I hope this forum is the right one to request for help

This afternoon I downloaded a program directly to my iphone after it finished downloading asked me to restart the iphone. Icame back on the white apple logo and froze on this screen. I pushed down the top button and did not work. I pushed the 2 buttoms(top and menu) at the same time and it accition restarted the phone , but froze in the white apple screen. I tried to re=set the phone to original setting(puching down the menu bottom when I managed to turn it off, but the manu botton did not responde.
    The white apple screen is on for about 2 minutes, and iphone reset(turn off) a turn on automatecilly and frize on the same screen.
    Can anybody help me?

Thank You

restore
     White iPhone 3Gs - 32Gb 

I did , but did not work.

Itried to restore to original setup. Itune did not recognize the iphone(it frize in the white apple screen)

Sorry my spelling. It froze in the white apple screen. the iphone is in the apple screen for about 2 minutes and re-start automatically and stop in the same screen(apple logo).
    Last edited by tigre46; 2009-07-03 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Try this....hold down both power and home button for about 30 sec, this should kit it out of the frozen state.

I think, It is working.
    Itune recognized my iphone and now it is restaring.

Thank You very much!

Thank You ZWayne
    Last edited by tigre46; 2009-07-03 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tigre46 View Post
    I think, It is working.
    Itune recognized my iphone and now it is restaring.

Thank You very much!

Thank You ZWayne
    You are welcome!

Enjoy your stay here at MMi!

Default What if your iPhone is no longer recognized via USB as it has malfunctioned?
    I have a similar problem, which I have posted already, but see your loged on, so I thaught I would ask if you have any ideas as to what I may do....

What if your iPhone is no longer recognized via USB as it has malfunctioned? and All I get is either a all black screen or a cartoon of Steve Jobs saying "ПΡEΒEД".

Am I simply out of luck with this phone?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SevenMinusT For This Useful Post:

jmeyer2 (2009-08-10)

Thanks

If you get a all black screen, this meas that the phone may be in DFU mode which then you will ba able to restore by itunes.

Thanks to a wonderful help I got in here,My phone is working now, The USB is working well.
    StevenMenus T,Good luck with iphone

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tigre46 For This Useful Post:

SevenMinusT (2009-07-03)

I once plugged in a power cord that had been chewed on by a dog and since then, even after buying a new power/usb cord, it has not been recognized and states that it has malfunctioned.....Any other way of restoring or bypassing that startup sequence...something????????

Thanks

Did you try a different usb port....

I've tried many differnt ports on many different computer's.

Default i have the same problem like the first guy
    however when i hold both bottons for 30 sec its rebooting and than shuts down and when i try to open it is still stock on the white apple any otrher soloutions ?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rc68li View Post
    however when i hold both bottons for 30 sec its rebooting and than shuts down and when i try to open it is still stock on the white apple any otrher soloutions ?
    Put it in DFU mode and restore in iTunes.

DFU mode
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it detects iPhone in restore/recovery mode.

Alternative Method:
    Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connects and disconnects.
    Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.
    Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button