Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible to record calls w iPhone?

Default Possible to record calls w iPhone?
    Some phones (e.g. T-Mobile MDA w 3rd party application) have the ability to record calls. Can this be done on an iPhone?

Anyone . . . anyone . . . Bueller . . . anyone . . . ?

Not possible.
    Also keep in mind that in many states that is illegal. Some states need only one party to consent. Many states require both parties to consent. The consequences are severe. It is a felony. Being former law enforcement and currently a PI, I guess I needed to caution you.

still think someone should make an app

Quote Originally Posted by SubZ3r0 View Post
    still think someone should make an app
    Yes I agree.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

so many illegal things are going on :]

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomer For This Useful Post:

SERRE (2007-09-30)

My RAZR has a record function, but it screams a horrible beep every 10 seconds to let the person know you're recording them. (I always play it off, telling my girlfriend I don't know what it is either. =D)
    Last edited by Dash-2; 2007-09-30 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    My RAZR has a record function, but it screams a horrible beep every 10 seconds to let the person know you're recording them. (I always play it off, telling my girlfriend I don't know what it is either. =D)
    you record your girlfriend? Wow those must be some phone calls.

Quote Originally Posted by pmas View Post
    you record your girlfriend? Wow those must be some phone calls.
    Haha, I use to once in while, I've pulled out a few things like her saying "I love girls" (she wasn't really saying that). But I can't no more with my iPhone!

iPhone? More like MyPhone StrictlyBusiness's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mobilexile View Post
    Some phones (e.g. T-Mobile MDA w 3rd party application) have the ability to record calls. Can this be done on an iPhone?
    That would be a great feature i use it for when im getting directions or chewed out by my probation officer

Not possible.
    Also keep in mind that in many states that is illegal. Some states need only one party to consent. Many states require both parties to consent. The consequences are severe. It is a felony. Being former law enforcement and currently a PI, I guess I needed to caution you.
    Thanks for the reply. Fortunately, in my home state, MN, it's legal to record a call so long as one party knows it's being recorded. Hence the reason I'm interested.

Had Vito Audio Notes for a PPC phone that allowed recording w/o any beeps or other tom foolery. I miss that.
    Last edited by mobilexile; 2007-10-14 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Not possible.
    Dude your fvkin dumb. But then again I guess most pigs are
    Last edited by CrooKid; 2009-04-04 at 08:47 AM.

this feature has to me made possible if it want's to be considered a top quality cell phone IMO

Recording CAN be done on the iPhone.

Jailbreak the phone using Cydia. From Cydia download the application titled "Spoof App."

The iPhone app is pretty cool. It records both sides of the conversation. It also spoofs the phone number I am calling from so the recipient only sees the phone number I designate. It also has a female and male voice changer. The female one sounds like a retarted computer, and I haven't checked the male voice changer.

Bad News:
    It only gives a five minute free trial. It costs $10.00 for 60 minutes after that. Nice app for emergencies, possibly shady business deals, and for whatever else people record I guess.

It's worth $10 for me to have in an emergency. Hope this helps.

My email is on my website DarnGoodCredit.com if you have any questions.

It is not necessarily illegal to record phone calls.

I am an attorney and will try to help direct you to the correct information on this issue. However, as an attorney, I must note that this is not legal advice. If you are truly concerned about the legal implications of recording phone calls, you should seek the advice of an attorney as to both federal law and the specific laws of your state, as they pertain to your PARTICULAR circumstances.

With that disclaimer-- depending on the circumstances under which you are recording phone calls, federal law, state law, or both may be apply.

If state law applies, some states require that all parties to the phone call know that the call is being recorded (of course this is in MOST circumstances--there are always exceptions). Those states include: California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and Washington.

Other states only require that one party be aware that the phone call is being recorded.

In all states, a person may not record a phone call to which he/she is not a party.

For a state-by-state summary of these laws, go here: "Can We Tape?".

Federal law generally allows the recording of a phone call so long as one party to the call is aware that it is being recorded. Again, there are exceptions. For a general summary of federal law, visit this website: American Legal Guide on Recording Telephone Conversations (USA).

apple doesn't include a way to record calls on the iPhone itself in their API. however, there is a way to do it using an audio recorder on the mac. I posted a how-to here:

Rory's Internets Audio Blog: Record iPhone conversations on a Mac with WireTap

Default Dumb
    Every phone I have had has this feature on it. What is wrong with the iphone. I have gotten nothing but stupid answers from apple and ATT!
    All other phones have this and have sd card slots or some sort of storage that can be added. APPLE IS A FLAT PIECE OF GARBAGE - what they have an app store that sells crap apps and also a phone that has to be on att (unless cracked) why did I buy this thing.
    wow I dont know what to say but microsoft better get on the ball they can still take over apple again in the phone market. they have the right concept just not the look and feel. some simple changes would make them dominate again. when will these company's get there **** together? We just want to record! they think I bet that your going to record the radio and not buy from apple store wha wha wha wha

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Nice try spamming your website. I will however cosign SpoofApp I use it in emergencies.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast