Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Doom Help!!

Default iPhone Doom Help!!
    Hey guys, i have a unlocked 1.1.3 iPhone. I'm trying to install doom and it seems to not be working. I copied the Doom.app to Applications and i copied the wads to /var/root/Media/Doom. and i set the permission to 755. Can anyone help me. Thank you

iPhone? More like MyPhone njosnavelin's Avatar
    Thanks

What exactly do you mean by 'not working'? Does it load and then crash instantly or does it show up on the phone at all? Possible problems could be not setting both the app AND the wads to 755. Another issue could be the wad. The only one that ever ran properly for me was the one downloaded from the doom google website.

Also, do you hav Term-vt100 installed on your phone?

Yeah its an icon, but when it loads it will automatically crash, I downloaded the wad from ID software. Yeah i have term-vt100

Ok everyone who is having as much trouble as i am this is what you do. Goto Term-vt100 type in "/bin/csh" without the quotes. Then type in "/bin/chmod -Rf a+x /Applications/" again without the quotes (make sure you type the asterisk!) and type in "/bin/chmod -Rf a+x /var/root/Media/Doom/" this fixed my doom.
    Last edited by dcwhat; 2008-03-14 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost