Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: yahoo push mail

Default yahoo push mail
    I have been using iPhone for a few weeks already, and from what i understand, I am supposed to be able to get yahoo push my emails. But it never did. I have tried deleting then adding the account again, and restart iPhone, still it won't work, even though the setting for push mail is on. I have to always manually refresh to get the emails.

Could someone help me? I am still using 1.1.3, with tmobile.

x2 - i have tried everything that is out there, tips, hints etc etc - tried ne waccounts, logging into yahoo mobile - you name it.

and have never once had yahoo push email work for me. not once.

i think its very bad that one of the main features the iphone was based upon simply doesnt work

i know some people have gotten theirs working recently due to a supposed work on the servers. but not working here.

iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

what do you mean "work on the servers"?

did you try that ibrickr?

Quote Originally Posted by KhuntienNang View Post
    what do you mean "work on the servers"?

did you try that ibrickr?
    yahoo did work on their servers regarding push email, and a lot of people have had it work if you read the apple forums.

not me though

ibrickr? no chance, just for an email issue which had nothing to do with it! - its a yahoo issue.
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

I think that in order for that to work with yahoo mail, you need to pay for he yahoo mail ( Mail plus ) or something.
    otherwise it doesn't want to work with a free account... ? ( thats what i think, might be wrong tho. )

I had push email working perfectly fine with a free yahoo email account up until 1.1.3 jailbreak and now im on 1.1.4 and its still not working, and im on at&t with just a jailbroken phone

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_Rider View Post
    I think that in order for that to work with yahoo mail, you need to pay for he yahoo mail ( Mail plus ) or something.
    otherwise it doesn't want to work with a free account... ? ( thats what i think, might be wrong tho. )
    AFAIK its precisely the opposite - requires a free account

but am sure paid for should work also!

have you all tried imapidle?

Yahoo push doesnt seem to work for me either, which is a shame. I'm running 1.14 iPlus2.0 jailbroken and unlocked on tmobile!

Im runnig 1.1.4 and yahoo push email works perfectly, just thought i'd let u know.

Im running 1.1.4 and yahoo push email works perfectly, just thought i'd let u know.
    Last edited by haaris128; 2008-03-23 at 03:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost