Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Icon problem getting very old very fast!!! 3GS

iPhone? More like MyPhone PSYC0TIC ONE's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Icon problem getting very old very fast!!! 3GS
    OK, i know i've read that someone found a workaround for the "swapping icons" issue that i believe is present on both the 3G and 3GS running 3.0.

Everytime i do a "soft reset" on the iPhone some of my icons get swapped around... Just now my network was running a bit slow so I did another soft reset and now EVERY last one of my 3rd party applications i've downloaded from iTunes is showing an incorrect icon for the app... MOST of them are swapped, for example, g-tac free and myspace have the other's icon...

the workaround I've found searching on here and google was to sync with iTunes with NO APP's selected, then sync again with the apps you want...

has anyone found an easier way to correct this issue? its extremely annoying...

thanks in advance!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The only way to fix it temporarily is to either do that trick, or delete whatever apps are having the problem, reboot your device, and then redownload them. But then they change back to an incorrect icon once you reboot again.

The only way to fix the problem permanently is to restore as a brand new phone. I had that problem, and restored right away before I got too far with the phone and would have to lose even more.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.