Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Help with my Phone

Thanks

Unhappy Need Help with my Phone
    ok. I have an iphone problem. I recently downloaded an app from Cydia, i believe it was ActivateMMS2G. I wanted to wait on upgrading to 3.0 till i made sure all the bugs got worked out and this app seemed to tout being able to mms. so i downloaded and it installed and asked to reboot. i click on reboot and it starts to reboot and gets stuck on the pineapple screen. Recently after the pineapple screen now a guy in a grey sweater pops up raising his hands saying something in russian i believe. But its not english. I tried re-jailbreaking my phone cus restoring via itunes just keeps giving me error 13(which i have yet to find what that is). so i figured might as well try to install the new OS and i ran Redsn0w and it starts working i believe goes thru all the stages and finally says done. but my phone gets stuck with the Harddrive picture saying "downloading jailbreak data". What do i do now? I've tried the following a few times each with no sucess. did my phone take a physical dump and i need to trash it or is it still fixable? Please help. wasnt sure where to post this... any help will be greatly appreciated. I have a iphone 2g 8gb and it had the 2.2.1 software before it died. I know i posted this in another section just trying to get as many views as possible. This is the only other post. Thanks again.
    Last edited by tejan0; 2009-07-01 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Remembered app name that caused all this mess of mine

Well other posts deleted and considered spam. 1 is sufficient.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

here, watch this vid. should help you
    I was trying to reply to the other post, but as you can see it was removed.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDDEN3zfQOg&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - How To Jailbreak NEW 3.0 Firmware For iPhone,iPhone 3G,iPod Touch 1st & 2nd Gen On Windows/Mac[/ame]
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-07-01 at 05:13 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

tejan0 (2009-07-01)

Thanks

so since i never upgraded to 3.0 firmware. do i need to restore using 2.2.1? I tried using winpwn and it doesnt work. Any other ideas?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tejan0 View Post
    so since i never upgraded to 3.0 firmware. do i need to restore using 2.2.1? I tried using winpwn and it doesnt work. Any other ideas?
    No, you don't restore to 2.2.1. Winpwn? huh. No.
    Did you follow this guide?

Thanks

i did follow guide. I used redsnow and followed all directions. I cant restore thru itunes so i grabbed a version of 3.0 and redsnow accepted it. it goes thru all the steps and says done and my phone gets stuck on the "downloading jailbreak data" screen. i let it sit for like 30min and nothing. Im running out of ideas. thanks for your thread ideas though.