Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Yahoo push email...Fixed?

Default Yahoo push email...Fixed?
    Hi guys, I don't know if this has been mentioned, or if this is the right place to post this, but I believe I have found a "fix" to the yahoo email not pushing to iPhones. I was searching around the web, because I have been pushed (no pun intended) to the edge about my email not pushing. I have tried everything from restoring to doing other stuff on the yahoo side of it.

Well, I realized that my iPhone won't push emails unless I have my yahoo signed off at another place (i.e. on my pc/mac, or at school, etc.). You know, when you first sign in to yahoo, it has a check box that says if you want to be signed in for a week or so, to check here? Well, don't check the box, and always sign off of yahoo. Better yet, if you are content with using email on the iPhone, I would not recommend using the pc/mac version of yahoo (just in case it messes with the push). After that is done, reset your phone (hold the "home" and "power" button until the apple logo appears), just to really make sure push will work.

After doing this, push works perfectly. Emails are sent to my phone instantly or within seconds of being sent (hopefully this keeps up).

Anyways, I hope this little tidbit helps those of you still struggling with push for yahoo.

If there are any questions regarding my write up of how to make push to work (it is a little confusing...), reply or send me a pm!

Do you have you phone jailbroken and unlocked? Because I'm wondering if it's a problem if it's unlocked and on T-mobile (US)...

It works right after I delete and reset up the account, and it works right after a reset but other then that, I can't get it to push...

I have two yahoo email accounts and it's the same problem for both of them.. One is a regular US account that I use for my IM and everything else, and the other is from Canada, so that I can use outlook without purchasing a premium account. Yes, I have Outlook closed when I send the messages because it's set up on POP...

Any further insight would be great.. Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by armyguydave69 View Post
    Do you have you phone jailbroken and unlocked? Because I'm wondering if it's a problem if it's unlocked and on T-mobile (US)...

It works right after I delete and reset up the account, and it works right after a reset but other then that, I can't get it to push...

I have two yahoo email accounts and it's the same problem for both of them.. One is a regular US account that I use for my IM and everything else, and the other is from Canada, so that I can use outlook without purchasing a premium account. Yes, I have Outlook closed when I send the messages because it's set up on POP...

Any further insight would be great.. Thanks...
    Hmmm, good question, my phone is only jailbroken, not unlocked. However, even with jailbroken, before I did the steps stated above, my push would not work. But after i logged off and reset my phone, push magically worked, and is still working like a charm. I am sorry I am of no help for the jailbroken/unlocked iphones out there.

I was never aware there was a problem with Yahoo! Push email. It's always worked for me and I've used it about 2 months now.