Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Have you gotten MMS working under 3.0 Firmeware - 3G?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Have you gotten MMS working under 3.0 Firmeware - 3G?
    So I found a tutorial which shows you how to enable MMS using firmware 3.0 (iPhone 3G)

These are the two links i used to test this out:

* Gizmodo - How to Enable MMS in iPhone 3.0 Right Now - iPhone MMS

* Hack to Enable MMS on iPhone OS 3.0 - iPhone Hacks

After downloading the ATT_US.IPCC and installing it into my phone via iTunes i now have the option to enable/disable MMS under Setting/Messaging and also i'm able to enter the settings under Settings/General/Network/Cellular Data Network/MMS

After following the first tutorial i was able to successfully send out "1" picture message to a friend who received the picture on T-Mobile's network but after that they all fail.

I was wondering if anyone has been able to get this to work consistently.

When I was under 2.2.1 SwirlyMMS worked fine for me yet I dont feel like purchasing the new version which runs under 3.0 when i know we'll have the MMS feature enable a few months from now... just trying to find out if there's any other work around to get this going before the actual live day.
    There're never enough iPhone Mods
    If anything I said helped you, Please press the Thanks! button

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I have fallen under the same situation. I got the camera icon and my mms settings are on and set but everytime I try to send it one it fails. Hurry up ATT!

iPhone? More like MyPhone jjr3211's Avatar
    Thanks

i had that happen to me as well i called at&t said that they couldnt help me i begged moaned nothin i did seemed to matter then one day my 3g got crushed and i had to buy a new one so i opened another line and got a new 3g and a new number and all did the carrier update and swaped my sim chip and couldnt get it to work and the next day it worked same thing happened when i had my 2g it just started workin and i put swirly on my moms 2g and never could get it to work and then it just started to work about 2 weekes ago all i can say is keep tryin

Thanks

I mean it'll be nice to get it to work before the actual feature goes live yet is not like i'm dying with out it... I was fine when i was using SwirlyMMS under 2.2.1 and I know i can get Swirly2 for 3.0 but why bother if we're supposed to get teh feature in a few months...
    jjr3211
    I'll follow your advise and keep trying every now and then. one thing i noticed though is that if i leave MMS ON under settings regular text (SMS) also fail, so i have to turn it off. Was that happening to you as well?

iPhone? More like MyPhone jjr3211's Avatar
    Thanks

no sms worked didn't matter if mms was turned on or off

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jjr3211 View Post
    no sms worked didn't matter if mms was turned on or off
    I just gave it a try and 1 out of 5 SMS failed.... but when i tried again it went thru... weird... i'll just leave it on and see if eventually works... funny thing is that i was able to send one MMS successfully though, then it didnt work again after that

Ive had it since Beta 3, I got it working on my wifes iPhone a week ago... works great.

Thanks

Ive never had any problems with mms on 3.0. As soon as i upgraded and installed 3.0 i literally got a mms from telstra (service provider) telling me about mms as soon as my phone turned on!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lach View Post
    Ive never had any problems with mms on 3.0. As soon as i upgraded and installed 3.0 i literally got a mms from telstra (service provider) telling me about mms as soon as my phone turned on!
    That's because MMS works on other service providers like Telstra. AT&T(whom we are talking about) however doesnt work yet. Some people claim to be having success with the updated ipcc file, while others like myself are having problems with the mms failing about 90-95% through.
    Last edited by ihappy; 2009-07-01 at 04:24 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billinaz View Post
    Ive had it since Beta 3, I got it working on my wifes iPhone a week ago... works great.
    That's great that you got it working for you but if you dont have any suggestions regarding the main topic on this thread I dont think you should be bragging about how long has the feature been working for you...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ihappy View Post
    That's because MMS works on other service providers like Telstra. AT&T(whom we are talking about) however doesnt work yet. Some people claim to be having success with the updated ipcc file, while others like myself are having problems with the mms failing about 90-95% through.
    Yeah i had heard about the mms problems with AT&T, it sucks that its not working fully yet!