Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: That was the best downgrade ever! I think I'll have a smoke! ;)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default That was the best downgrade ever! I think I'll have a smoke! ;)
    Like many of you, I too experienced nothing but frustration and dismay with the 3.0 software "update". But no more shall I endure the damaged battery life, the lag on apps that have yet to be updated, the "new features" that most of us already had before this "update" (landscape texting excluded).

I thought my phone had real problems (I'm battling a flex cable issue. Hopefully only until my part arrives this week and its shipped to the hands of a certain individual!), but after downgrading to 2.2.1 today on my 3G, my phone is working like a charm!

I'm deciding to take a step back from 3.0 until issues can be resolved (hopefully quickly). I know there are always issues with new firmwares but I'm just not willing to put up with sub-par functionality for basic things in exchange for "new features".

To all who are finding the 3.0 experience painful, salvation lies 1 downgrade/restore away!
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

Um. Have fun with that ancient firmware

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
    Um. Have fun with that ancient firmware
    3.0 sucks at the moment if you haven't been paying attn to the endless problems, incompatibilities, and frequent restores.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

2.2 ftw! lol

i like the features on 3.0 tho. we'll see if 3.1 or 3.0.1 comes out later with more bug fixes.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    3.0 sucks at the moment if you haven't been paying attn to the endless problems, incompatibilities, and frequent restores.

I've been paying attention to my phone, which is exhibiting a flawless OS with extended battery life from 2.2. Too bad about everyone else who is having problems. Maybe they have absolutely no idea what they are doing?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
    I've been paying attention to my phone, which is exhibiting a flawless OS with extended battery life from 2.2. Too bad about everyone else who is having problems. Maybe they have absolutely no idea what they are doing?
    I can agree, no problems here, guess we are just lucky

I'm guessing the people who are restoring a lot are those who have JB their phone. I'm waiting for a bit to do that until at least quickpwn is released. Only reason I see now to JB is because of sbsettings.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StevenB View Post
    I'm guessing the people who are restoring a lot are those who have JB their phone. I'm waiting for a bit to do that until at least quickpwn is released. Only reason I see now to JB is because of sbsettings.
    quickpwn = no more = redsn0w
    useful? hit the thanks button!

Thanks

I too was having major probs, but after restore and set as new phone then jb with no backups my phone is healthy. Tested battery and only slightly less but phone runs perfect

^ Yea setting up as a new phone is a must. And be careful how many mobile substrate add ons you have, people have like 30 things going at once and backgrounder going, its like, are you shocked that your battery life is horrible?