Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3G stuck at Pineapple

Default iphone 3G stuck at Pineapple
    added an app to my jail broken iphone 3G with firmware 3.0. The app was ActiviateMMS2G. Didn't realize this app is for 2G phones only. When I clicked on re boot my phone gets stuck at the pineapple logo. Can't seem to get it in DFU mode. Computer doesn't recognize it. any help? Thanks in advance

JCHAG

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Welcome to MMi

Wow, don't feel bad a bunch of people have done that too.
    Put phone in DFU mode and restore to a fresh copy of 3.0 then Jailbreak again.
    Here are instructions for DFU in case you need them.

Step 1. Turn off iPhone
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it’s in restore mode.

Alternative Method:
    Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connect and disconnect.
    Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.
    Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.

the phone will not shut off correctly and will not go into DFU mode. Any Ideas?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jchag View Post
    added an app to my jail broken iphone 3G with firmware 3.0. The app was ActiviateMMS2G. Didn't realize this app is for 2G phones only. When I clicked on re boot my phone gets stuck at the pineapple logo. Can't seem to get it in DFU mode. Computer doesn't recognize it. any help? Thanks in advance

JCHAG
    My wife did the exact same thing last night. I restored it and have to rejailbreak it for her today. It sucks cuz I just gave her the new 3.0 Jailbreak like a week ago when it came out.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Try and force into recovery mode by holding home and power for about 20 seconds until you see the iTunes (or steve jobs) logo.

Thanks got Steve Jobs to appear.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jchag View Post

JCHAG
    Yeah I have a similar problem. Yesterday night i was fiddling with my winterboard options and i unchecked one of them that I decided I didn't quite like anymore. It was called "Glaskart SB Settings Stat Bar" I believe. When i went to the home screen and awaited for it to restart the springboard it just turned off. When I tried to turn it on the Pineapple logo appeared and it stayed there. It would occasionally turn into a blank black screen and sometimes it would flash white fast then shut off and go back to the pineapple logo and repeat all that over again. I left it on the whole night because i couldn't make it go into sleep mode and I hoped that if I just left it on it would eventually die and I would be able to turn it back on with no problems. When i woke up this morning the same screen was still there. I also noticed that when i plug it into my computer the connect sound will beep then it will disconnect and beep again constantly. I really don't want to have to re-jailbreak my IPhone because I have not recently synced it to my computer and i have alot of data, pictures, apps, and all that stuff i downloaded off of Cydia and ********** will disappear. Please I really dont wan;t to have to restore it. Anybody know what the problem is? Any other alternatives? FML