Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New here . And I'm stumped

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default New here . And I'm stumped
    Greetings,
    I have a problem with my I phone, and after searching for hours for an answer, this seems to be the best place to ask a question, if it isn't, or if I'm in the wrong place, then apologies in advance.

I am using an unlocked 2G on T-mobile, full data plan and everything worked fine with the I phone . Until this morning.

I recently got a G1 and this morning I put my sim card in it, got it going, it works fine, sent some texts, made a phone call, all is well.

I took my sim and put it back in the I phone and everything is cool, except now it won't pick up any wi-fi. I turned it off ( the phone ) turned it back on, still no wi-fi, at this point i exceeded my technical abilities.I tried a couple of places that have free wi-fi, and my laptop hooks right up.

Can any one help? Or point me in the right direction? Thank You.

2G 8 gig
    unlocked and jailbroken

Thanks
    Okay well maybe you just need to restore again and then just unlock and jailbreak it again. Seems like a hardware issue rather than it being caused by switching sim cards. Maybe something went wrong one day while using your iPhone. This issue has happened to my friend and all he did was just restore and then re-jailbroke it. I know you may loose your music and media but if your curious, then you would just go ahead. good luck...
    ALL THEY DO IS DRINK, SMOKE DOPE, AND TELL JOKES TO THE OLD FOLKS

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

I believe it's a software issue, and I would restore a fresh copy of 3.0 and begin again.