Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Master Settings/File Delete after Jailbreak, HELP NEEDED

Default Master Settings/File Delete after Jailbreak, HELP NEEDED
    I really need some help here guys.

I just sold my 3G on eBay, as an unlocked and jailbroke device.

I upgraded to 3.0 last night, jailbroke it with RedSn0w for Windows, and then used UltraSn0w to unlock it.

However, I still had all my personal files, and settings and what not on the phone and since I sold it, I went into my settings and did the master delete that it said would take about an hour.

Hour later, my phone won't boot up.

It stays with the Apple logo and the spinning wheel spinning on occassion forever. Left it that way all night and up until about an hour ago and still nothing.

I tried to re-jailbreak it but after it loads up the data, the spinning wheel at the bottom just stays there forever again.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i'm trying to not screw myself out of $320.

Hello,
    I don't knoow if you solved your problem or no but I think you have to restore your phone with an official version, delete all the files and then jailbreak it.

"The Napoleon Dynamite of MMI" coloradoxmfan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hogs4Life View Post
    I really need some help here guys.

I just sold my 3G on eBay, as an unlocked and jailbroke device...
    What the above poster is correct. I did the same (sold a jailbroken & unlocked iPhone on eBay, etc.)

You'll need to restore with a fresh, NON-customer IPCC, do a master reset, then jailbreak and unlock.

DO NOT FORGET - put the phone in DFU mode in order to do the restore.