Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Photos in contact list

Default Photos in contact list
    How can I get my contact list to show photos that I stored to my contacts? If I select the contact it shows on the next screen with all of their information and shows up when they call but not in the contact list.....anyone?

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

What method are you using to assign the photo to the contact?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

I use two ways to assign photos.
    1. phone > contacts > person's name > edit > add photo > either choose photo or take a photo

2.photos > photo library > select photo > lower left arrow > assign to contact

Is there another format of the contact list? Under all contacts mine shows contact names on left and the abc bar on the right for quick reference.

Thanks

Oh, I misunderstood. No, the contact pictures cannot show up next to the names in contact view. I thought you were talking about when the person calls...

I didnt think you could see them either. But I could swear that in the commerical it shows the contacts page with pics but I could be wrong. I will take note on the next commerical.

Thanks

You may have been seeing the album thumbnails in the iPod view...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Displaying image in the contacts list
    There are various 3rd party contacts apps which displays the person's thumbnail picture in the contacts list. I am using Visual Contacts. I have just learnt that there is an app called Cyntact (which is only available to jailbroken iphones) which will add this feature to the iPhone's default contacts app.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm using Cyntact to display pictures on the contact list. It's a cydia application so you must jailbreak to get it. Note that this is not a separate application. It merely "modifies" the stock contact list, as well as anywhere when contact names are listed, such as on the phone application. It is not a replacement of the contact/phone application in another word, but an extension of them.
    Last edited by eaglesteve; 2009-08-17 at 02:05 PM.

cyntact works extremly well and fast too, though it costs 99ct ... but it's completly worth it. it's pretty fast even with lots of contacts, and it extends the stock contacts app instead of creating a new one, which is also to prefer in my opinion.

Green Apple
    Thanks

with cyntact the photos will show in your Favorites list as well which i guess makes sense as Favorites is a subset of Contacts